ESPN ranked NU coaching gig top 10, ahead of UGA; Georgia Board goes nuts

I think Clemson's a pretty good draw. Hear me out...

• As HC, all you do is recruit and hire great coordinators to do all the coaching.
  • Play in the ACC, so you don't have the competition, but definitely in SEC recruiting territory.
  • In a college town, where all the businesses have to charge basically nothing because they're required to survive off the students...aka cost of living is nothing.

Sure you won't make the most money out there, but damn...I could survive on 3.1 per year to recruit.

• Fire 1

I would put Texas ahead of Alabama. Texas is the only school in the country where you can walk out your back door and accidentally bump into division one football athletes every few feet. Obvious exaggeration, but not even Alabama or other schools in the south are like that. There's so just so many kids and so many good football teams in Texas. That, coupled with the money they have, put them #1 in my eyes.

• Fire 1

• In a college town, where all the businesses have to charge basically nothing because they're required to survive off the students...aka cost of living is nothing.

You'd HAVE to live in Greenville

Hahaha, nope. None do.

Most live on Lake Keowee, gorgeous mountain lake just 10 min or so from campus.

You'd HAVE to live in Greenville

Hahaha, nope. None do.

Most live on Lake Keowee, gorgeous mountain lake just 10 min or so from campus.

So ultimately, you pretty much have to be an "outdoors person" to HC at Clemson. Whatever works.

I would put Texas ahead of Alabama. Texas is the only school in the country where you can walk out your back door and accidentally bump into division one football athletes every few feet. Obvious exaggeration, but not even Alabama or other schools in the south are like that. There's so just so many kids and so many good football teams in Texas. That, coupled with the money they have, put them #1 in my eyes.

i agree with this and this is what i was getting at. texas should be no.1. is bama no.1 just because of recent history and the machine saban has built during his tenure?

i agree with this and this is what i was getting at. texas should be no.1. is bama no.1 just because of recent history and the machine saban has built during his tenure?

Very hard to argue against Texas as #1... they can pretty much recruit their whole class year after year instate... Not to mention the $$ pull and Longhorn network. CFB as we know it could be over if these Saban to Texas rumors ever pan out.

This is how I feel also.

Hmmm. Two SEC teams, Two Big 12 teams and Three Big 10 teams in the Top 10.

Any chance this will quiet the ESPN conspiracy theorists?

Didn't think so.

The top four have warm weather and recruiting in common, probably not a coincidence.

The other common denominator is prestige, at least 50 or 60 years worth, taking the hills and valleys into account. Oregon and Miami are relative upstarts, otherwise these are simply the most storied programs in college football history.