ESPN ranked NU coaching gig top 10, ahead of UGA; Georgia Board goes nuts

UGA should be higher, actually.

Upsides: Best college town in America, better weather, easier to recruit, good facilities, better looking girls

Downside: SEC competition is rough, fan base turns on its coaches with the drop of a hat/thinks the program is more historically relevant than it really is

I will take Austin over Athens 100 times out of 100 from a "Best college town in America" POV.

I've been to both. But why? Because Austin has more population? Because they have a bunch of bats under a bridge? South by Southwest? I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'd probably be in Austin too. But it's not as compelling as you make it out to be.

I think Clemson's a pretty good draw. Hear me out...

• As HC, all you do is recruit and hire great coordinators to do all the coaching.
  • Play in the ACC, so you don't have the competition, but definitely in SEC recruiting territory.
  • In a college town, where all the businesses have to charge basically nothing because they're required to survive off the students...aka cost of living is nothing.

Sure you won't make the most money out there, but damn...I could survive on 3.1 per year to recruit.

I can go along with that.

i think the only things clemson is missing would be prestige (no offense, killer) and maybe money (?, i do not really know much about clemson, but i assume that is a big component of this list).

Clemson's OC and DC are among the highest paid at their positions in the NCAA.

Clemson has $$$. No worries there.

As far as prestige - we've had our share. Got a natty, not sure if any of you remember that or not ;), and ran very strong through the 80s. But no, we're no Bama as far as prestige.

Clemson has $$$. No worries there.

As far as prestige - we've had our share. Got a natty, not sure if any of you remember that or not ;), and ran very strong through the 80s. But no, we're no Bama as far as prestige.

well i agree then, it does seem like a pretty good destination job for a head coach.

I always get a kick out of people that have never been to Nebraska make fun of it. Then they actually come here for a Husker game/CWS and change their tune almost immediately.

And I laughed at the guy that said half the country can't name a city in Nebraska when Omaha has been hosting the CWS for like 50 years. Id guess way more than half the country knows that.

Well, Sadly, you have to remember that a lot of our young fans and posters are too young to remember when Nebraska was a nationally dominant power, perhaps the dominant football program in the land.

UGA is about 11th all time in wins, etc. and that is probably about where we deserve to be ranked as a program. I do think UGA has a lot to offer as a program because of the fertile recruiting ground. Still, there are other factors to consider with listing something as a desirable coaching job. Fan expectations, program support overall, university support, living area, etc. , are just a few of the things that come into play other than recruiting potential.

Recruiting location is a nice luxury if cultivated well, but it is not everything. Explain Boise State? Aside from that is Notre Dame really in a recruiting hotbed?

I would probably question a few of those, but really is there really that much difference in the top 20 programs or so?

• Fire 1

I always get a kick out of people that have never been to Nebraska make fun of it. Then they actually come here for a Husker game/CWS and change their tune almost immediately.

And I laughed at the guy that said half the country can't name a city in Nebraska when Omaha has been hosting the CWS for like 50 years. Id guess way more than half the country knows that.

after moving from Lincoln and living in New York for the past four years, I've heard some outlandish remarks/questions directed toward me about Nebraska. I don't think the rest of the country will ever abandon their caricature perceptions of NE, so I just laugh about it. At the end of the day, Hicks/Farmers is pretty harmless stereotype considering a lot of other groups have more offensive & unflattering ones.

I would put Texas ahead of Alabama. Texas is the only school in the country where you can walk out your back door and accidentally bump into division one football athletes every few feet. Obvious exaggeration, but not even Alabama or other schools in the south are like that. There's so just so many kids and so many good football teams in Texas. That, coupled with the money they have, put them #1 in my eyes.

Top 4 recruiting hotbeds are California, Texas, Ohio and Florida (I didn't put them in any order) And school in those areas should be fine recruiting wise.

Upsides: Best college town in America, better weather, easier to recruit, good facilities, better looking girls

Downside: SEC competition is rough, fan base turns on its coaches with the drop of a hat/thinks the program is more historically relevant than it really is

I will take Austin over Athens 100 times out of 100 from a "Best college town in America" POV.

I've been to both. But why? Because Austin has more population? Because they have a bunch of bats under a bridge? South by Southwest? I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'd probably be in Austin too. But it's not as compelling as you make it out to be.

I have been to both and would certainly live in both cities. Obviously, if you forced me to live in either city I would be a happy camper, but if it came down to personal preference I would select Austin. It's like asking which is better; pie or cake? You can't beat either, but it depends on the person.

According to Rivals (non paid content)

1. TEXAS

TOTAL/AVERAGE: 1,850/185.0

HIGH/LOW: 214 (2006)/ 169 (2005) It's no surprise Texas topped the list of BCS-producing states. For starters, that section of the country is bonkers for football. Texas also ranks second in total population. In a typical year, the state not only stocks the rosters at in-state schools but sends several players to many of college football's elite conferences in other parts of the country. In the 2011 class, an astounding 125 players signed with Big 12 schools. Fifty-one others inked with other BCS teams.

2. FLORIDA

TOTAL/AVERAGE: 1,688/168.8

HIGH/LOW: 198 (2011)/ 126 (2002) The Sunshine State not only produces a ton of FBS players each year but an abundance of BCS-caliber prospects. The state's jump in BCS players in recent years coincided with USF's move to the Big East. Four BCS in-state programs (Florida, Florida State, Miami and USF) get the majority of their players from Florida. Many SEC programs also make a living there.

3. CALIFORNIA

TOTAL/AVERAGE: 1,276/127.6

HIGH/LOW: 141 (2004)/ 114 (2009) California's large population is a key to its high number of BCS signees. California, Stanford, UCLA and USC don't have to go very far to find high-quality players. The other schools in what was the Pac-10 (now Pac-12) have also feasted on California talent, as have programs such as Colorado and Notre Dame. This state has produced tons of top-level talent.

spacer1.gif0404-TNERICBERRY_2502.JPGspacer1.gif Tennessee plucked All-American Eric Berry from the Peach State. 4. GEORGIA

TOTAL/AVERAGE: 922/92.2

HIGH/LOW: 126 (2010)/ 73 (2007) After Florida, the Peach State is the South's biggest producer of BCS signees. Much of it has come from the metro-Atlanta area but South Georgia also consistently puts out major talent. Georgia and Georgia Tech aren't the only schools that have done well here. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Tennessee all typically recruit the state heavily.

5. OHIO

TOTAL/AVERAGE: 694/69.4

HIGH/LOW: 91 (2010)/ 52 (2003) How good is Ohio at producing BCS players? Consider this: In 2011, Ohio State, one of the country's most consistent programs, signed 14 in-state recruits. And that's pretty much the norm. Ohio produces so much talent that every Big Ten program spends a good bit of time recruiting there. Ditto for Notre Dame, which has landed 22 Ohioans since 2002.

- See more at: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239398#sthash.HWeoceAC.dpuf

I have been to both and would certainly live in both cities. Obviously, if you forced me to live in either city I would be a happy camper, but if it came down to personal preference I would select Austin. It's like asking which is better; pie or cake? You can't beat either, but it depends on the person.

I don't like either. I like bacon. So you're wrong. ;)

I thought we were such a hell-hole of a coaching destination that no quality coaches would be willing to come here? At least, that's the self-deprecating BS being crammed down our throats by the "Bo-lievers."

Sees a thread NOT about Bo's shortcomings.

Mocks people over comments that are nowhere in thread.

• Fire 3