Ghost Stories

Ill have to look into that one. Ours really only works well for generating white noise and picks up alot of radio traffic.

the psb7 is scanning fm or am frequencies as well. So you will get some interference from radio stations. But so brief you can't make out what is being said. Best thing to do is have a voice recording going along with it. That way you can replay any possible responses and listen if it goes over multiple frequency sweeps. If it does you have evidence if it doesn't then it's outside interference.

Im guessing yours has a much faster scan than mine. You can really make out the distinction of radio traffic. My issue with it is the devils advocate of was it so crisp and clear that it HAD to be a radio station. My favorite oieces with it have come overtop the white noise it generates from another area of the room. I usually chalk most its noises up to radio traffic though unless it gets the desired effect of interaction or correctly answering questions.

A member on our team downloaded an ovelisk app we played with on our most recent case. Boy, it has some interesti g responses.

Ill have to look into that one. Ours really only works well for generating white noise and picks up alot of radio traffic.

the psb7 is scanning fm or am frequencies as well. So you will get some interference from radio stations. But so brief you can't make out what is being said. Best thing to do is have a voice recording going along with it. That way you can replay any possible responses and listen if it goes over multiple frequency sweeps. If it does you have evidence if it doesn't then it's outside interference.

Im guessing yours has a much faster scan than mine. You can really make out the distinction of radio traffic. My issue with it is the devils advocate of was it so crisp and clear that it HAD to be a radio station. My favorite oieces with it have come overtop the white noise it generates from another area of the room. I usually chalk most its noises up to radio traffic though unless it gets the desired effect of interaction or correctly answering questions.

A member on our team downloaded an ovelisk app we played with on our most recent case. Boy, it has some interesti g responses.

the psb7 that I have you can have it scan forward and backwards. Also adjust the rate of how fast it scans. With the radio frequencies you can make it it's obviously a radio station. But it's so quick you can't make out what is being said. When you get an actual response you hear the full word or sentence that you wouldn't hear from a radio station. That's why a voice recorder is handy. If you listen to it carefully you hear the full response while also hearing the channels being switched behind it. Showing that the response was over multiple channels

Yeah our model doesnt work nearly that well. That would be realy handy. It took a while for me to find the right volume level while doing EVPs with it as well so you could still hear our questions over the white noise. One of those tools that works well in certain areas and not so well in others.

Ill try posting the video when I get home tonight but my partner came up with a really unique trick. It includes using an XBox knect camera as a laser grid/camera/depth sensor.

Yeah our model doesnt work nearly that well. That would be realy handy. It took a while for me to find the right volume level while doing EVPs with it as well so you could still hear our questions over the white noise. One of those tools that works well in certain areas and not so well in others.

Ill try posting the video when I get home tonight but my partner came up with a really unique trick. It includes using an XBox knect camera as a laser grid/camera/depth sensor.

I've been looking into making one of those myself. I have the normal pen lazer grid you can buy. problem is it heats up, then shuts off when it gets to hot.

I've been looking into making one of those myself. I have the normal pen lazer grid you can buy. problem is it heats up, then shuts off when it gets to hot.

Ive got the standard green one but it eats through batteries like crazy. The kinect provides an invisible grid that shows up on IR cameras. The software we run it through gives us a side by side IR camera and Depth camera ie. Night shot on left and depth via color chart on right.

My daughter thinks that our 100 year old house is haunted. There have been several instances when different ones of us have heard sounds in another part of the house--like the sound a book would make falling off a table or a cabinet door being slammed. I've heard things like that a couple of times. Once she and her boyfriend were watching TV and they heard a man's voice call out her name from another room. The only other ones in the house at the time were my wife and infant son. The voice thing sort of freaked her out. Spoooooky! :lol:

It's obvious that our resident ghost hunters believe in ghosts, however, I'm not completely sold on it.

Does anyone else believe in ghosts? Do you believe that they can actually harm you physically or are they just going to scare the sh#t out of you your whole life?

It's obvious that our resident ghost hunters believe in ghosts, however, I'm not completely sold on it.

Does anyone else believe in ghosts? Do you believe that they can actually harm you physically or are they just going to scare the sh#t out of you your whole life?

No. But I do believe in angels. :lol:

No. But I do believe in angels. :lol:

You put that Victoria's Secret catalog away and pay attention!

• Fire 3

Actually not all "hunters" believe in ghosts. Somse go to prove that hauntings arent real. Others on the fence go to get validation one way or another. Me, I dont hold one standard belief of "ghosts" ie. Deceased Folk. I hold alot of faith in the theory of residual energy. Not technically a ghost or spirit, just energy trapped in a circumstance becaise of something elemental in the surroundings.

As far as somebody being physicaly harmed its rare. Your looking at a demonic entity in this scenario, not necessarily a haunting or ghost. Something that physically harms an investigator usually cannonly muster up enough energy to leave a red mark or a light scratch, think a cornered animal mentality. It doesnt happen often but it can. Most physical interaction is reserved to "being toiched". A cold sensation and leaves a trace of emotional lingering.

https://www.facebook...pages_video_set

Apparantely I'm to stupid too poste an actual video

What are we supposed to be seeing there?

Sorry, I should have set this up. The video is from Villisca. A group investigating with us placed an EM pod in the parlor of the house. The pod gauges fluxuation in the electromagnetic field in its radius. The theory here being spirits use electostatic energy to manifest themselves, therefore any fluxuation could indicatee a presence or interaction. In this case , this was the only time during the course of the night the pod reacted to anything, the base readings were normal up until this point.

I'd say I'm skeptical but not necessarily adamantly against their existence. I think it's very easy for people's minds to "fill in the gaps", i.e., if your brain can't quite make sense of something, it fills in information with something it's familiar with. Thus, a strange sound becomes a voice, an odd movement becomes an entity of some sort, etc.