Scott Frost Interviewed for the Boise State Head Coach Position

timmelon

I've never understood why going back to a first time head coach is something we would want considering Bo Pelini is a first time head coach.

So was Tom

tom was a once in a lifetime coach. bo is not tom. stop with the comparisons. just because everything ended up working out with tom does not mean it will with bo and it should not preclude criticisms of bo because tom, apparently, faced similar criticisms. same with frost. just because tom was a first time head coach does not mean every first time head coach will be a success. that is preposterous.

they are different people with different situations.

everyone, please stop with incessantly bringing the tom comparisons into these conversations.

• Fire 5

I've never understood why going back to a first time head coach is something we would want considering Bo Pelini is a first time head coach.

So was Tom

tom was a once in a lifetime coach. bo is not tom. stop with the comparisons. just because everything ended up working out with tom does not mean it will with bo and it should not preclude criticisms of bo because tom, apparently, faced similar criticisms. same with frost. just because tom was a first time head coach does not mean every first time head coach will be a success. that is preposterous.

everyone, please stop with incessantly bringing the tom comparisons into these conversations.

Exactly!

And I really hate the comparisons of Bo to Devaney.

But I also see why so many would like to see Scott Frost end up coaching us.

I'm still a little embarrassed about that plea he did at the end of the OB after Tom's last game, but he was young.

Frosty probably proved this season that he wasn't ready to be an OC much less a Head Coach, but hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

giphy.gif

573 yards per game, #2 in the country behind ungodly Baylor. Chip Kelly's offenses surpassed that average in zero of his four seasons there. In fact, it ranks as the most YPG in Oregon history and in the top 10 in FBS history! That surpasses both 1995 Nebraska (556) and 1983 Nebraska (547).

If that is not being ready, please please place Tim Beck on the not-ready train as soon as possible.

My apologies..I keep forgetting to add that sarcasm thingie...(I thought you could hear it in my voice).

Exactly!

I'm still a little embarrassed about that plea he did at the end of the OB after Tom's last game, but he was young.

i sincerely think that is what won it for us. it at least helped.

• Fire 1

I think their Hypsman QB was hurt before the Stanford game. Knee injury, but continued to play. could have had some affect on the situation. But Stanford has been a problem for them, QB good or not.

Physicality beats finesse 90% of the time.

Sure it doe's

Must be hunting season.

Frosty probably proved this season that he wasn't ready to be an OC much less a Head Coach, but hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

giphy.gif

573 yards per game, #2 in the country behind ungodly Baylor. Chip Kelly's offenses surpassed that average in zero of his four seasons there. In fact, it ranks as the most YPG in Oregon history and in the top 10 in FBS history! That surpasses both 1995 Nebraska (556) and 1983 Nebraska (547).

If that is not being ready, please please place Tim Beck on the not-ready train as soon as possible.

more to being a head coach than putting up good numbers as an OC. conversely there's more to being a head coach than having your offense falter a little as the season goes on.

And the fact that said OC was overridden on playcalling duties halfway through the season.

Not a fact at all according to the head coach. Just another rumor started and spread here.

Exactly!

agree 100%. There was no way the Mich team would have beaten NU in 1997 but the AP voters were enamored by Greese . We destroyed Peyton's Tenn team while Mich squeaked by Wash. I do the believe Frost's 'exhortation' to the coaches poll voters provided 'reason' to the situation.

Exactly!

agree 100%. There was no way the Mich team would have beaten NU in 1997 but the AP voters were enamored by Greese . We destroyed Peyton's Tenn team while Mich squeaked by Wash. I do the believe Frost's 'exhortation' to the coaches poll voters provided 'reason' to the situation.

Agree completely with this. If anyone may have had a beef with our National Championship, perhaps Penn State in 1994. I think us vs. them would have been a game that could have gone either way. We would have bitch-slapped the Wolverines in 1997. The fact that we had to plea based on our performance in the Orange Bowl is sad.

• Fire 1

Exactly!

Agree completely with this. If anyone may have had a beef with our National Championship, perhaps Penn State in 1994. I think us vs. them would have been a game that could have gone either way. We would have bitch-slapped the Wolverines in 1997. The fact that we had to plea based on our performance in the Orange Bowl is sad.

Just curious ... Were any of you living very far from Nebraska at the time?

It was pretty obvious NU was better than Meechicken that year..And the plea probably cost us just as much as it won us ...Although coaches might have been a little less harsh than fans..

So was Tom

Exactly!

Why? He spoke the truth...and with passion. The best was when Peter offered to play against Michigan in his own back yard and provided the address.

So was Tom

Exactly!

Why? He spoke the truth...and with passion. The best was when Peter offered to play against Michigan in his own back yard and provided the address.

Ya, all he basically did was ask the coaches to vote for whomever they think the better team is.

So was Tom

Exactly!

Being in the stands at Pro Player stadium and listening to Scott Frost's postgame speech is one of my absolute favorite college memories.