Just joined Huskerboard..... I can't help notice, as a Canadian how many Huskers have played in the CFL, especially in Montreal... Johnny Rodgers, Vince Ferragamo, Turner Gill, Lawrence Phillips, Tommy Frazier, Darrhan Diedrick all played in Montreal...other CFL Huskers: Keithen McCant, Steve Taylor, Eric Crouch, Sandro DeAngelis, And another QB named Taylor, Am I missing any?

Kicker Sandro Deangelis and Darrhan Diedrick are Canadian, but I'm surprised at so many Huskers coming up north....Usually guys from small schools, or guys from big conferences but from weak ass schools like Maryland or Minnesota or Iowa State....but NU is a big time powerhouse.

Just curious, do Canadians follow college football or are you more of an exception? Also, do Canadians perceive NU as a big time powerhouse?

Kicker Sandro Deangelis and Darrhan Diedrick are Canadian, but I'm surprised at so many Huskers coming up north....Usually guys from small schools, or guys from big conferences but from weak ass schools like Maryland or Minnesota or Iowa State....but NU is a big time powerhouse.

Just curious, do Canadians follow college football or are you more of an exception? Also, do Canadians perceive NU as a big time powerhouse?

You'd be surprised how much Canadians (and not just us Alumni of US schools) follow the games. Since all the stations, save ESPN, are available up here, and stations not broadcasting hockey on Saturdays need something to fill time. I find most big games on TV every week. Most of Canada actually gets the Detroit feed of ABC through one of the biggest cable providers, so one thing that surprised me is the number of UM fans throughout the country.

As for the CFL, since there is a cap on non-Canadian players, the fans generally get excited when a player from a known program comes up here, but like anything, you have to be able to play - it's still pro football and things happen so much faster than the college game.

I like motion at the snap thing but 3rd down and playing area sucks. 20 yards end zone area :o

Also 12 players instead of 11. I didn't know that until today.

You ever watched Aussie football? Basically soccer, rugby, lite american football and ice hockey at the same time without pads and helmets! Also, mostly non-stop action......kinda like ice hockey or soccer clock.

"down under, mate"

australian-football-rules-high-mark-fly1.jpeg93644-004-3B938304.jpg

australian-football.jpg

more photos

is it tough?