Can Jamal Turner get a medical redshirt?

I am I

Really don't think he transfers. Probably just unnoticed because we don't feature the slot WR as some offenses do?

Does this baffle you at all? To me, it seems like Turner could be the ultimate slot receiver for us right now. He's the kind of guy who takes that five yard crossing route, catches it in open field, then makes three guys miss all day.

When your starting Qb goes down, you would thing short crosses, and TE out routes would be an OC best friend. Simple short routes. Then you take guys like Turner and Abdullah, get them in space, find matchups you like, and exploit the hell out of them.

Offense isn't about distributing the ball to every one of your guys equally like Beck seems to think. It's about exploiting matchups. Every dog has his day when you play like this. Sometimes KB will shine, sometimes Q, then Turner. Abdullah is the work horse that will always shine, but even him, why don't we run a HB screen? Does Back know what that is? Doesn't it seem like Abduallah is a guy who could take a ball to the house if he just got some open field to run in? Instead we line him up and pound him between the tackles like he's Leveon Bell all fuckng day long? I do t get it. I mean, the results are there. He had a good year. It just seems like we don't do some things that to me are just no brainer things. Seems to me the only play we have that utilizes this "one in one in space" concept is the play we throw the ball straight to the sideline two yards behind the LOS, then we gain a yard or two. I mean come on man.

It's why I love watching Peyton manning play. And hold the "well not everyone has Peyton Manning "bullsh#t. It's not just a Manning thing, but it's a basic concept. Peyton will just make you pay all day long using this simple matchup philosophy. His ability to read a defense probably makes it simpler for him, but he isn't looking to the sideline before he snaps the ball every play either. Nebraska does. Peyton will find your weak point, he will get his guy to line up over that weak point and he will go there and go there and go there.

Not saying it will always work out in your favor. I would just like to see more of this. Right now it doesn't seem like something we look for. As much as you hear these coaches talk about playmakers making plays, you would think they would be looking to put their guys in the position to do so.

Really don't think he transfers. Probably just unnoticed because we don't feature the slot WR as some offenses do?

Does this baffle you at all? To me, it seems like Turner could be the ultimate slot receiver for us right now. He's the kind of guy who takes that five yard crossing route, catches it in open field, then makes three guys miss all day.

When your starting Qb goes down, you would thing short crosses, and TE out routes would be an OC best friend. Simple short routes. Then you take guys like Turner and Abdullah, get them in space, find matchups you like, and exploit the hell out of them.

Offense isn't about distributing the ball to every one of your guys equally like Beck seems to think. It's about exploiting matchups. Every dog has his day when you play like this. Sometimes KB will shine, sometimes Q, then Turner. Abdullah is the work horse that will always shine, but even him, why don't we run a HB screen? Does Back know what that is? Doesn't it seem like Abduallah is a guy who could take a ball to the house if he just got some open field to run in? Instead we line him up and pound him between the tackles like he's Leveon Bell all fuckng day long? I do t get it. I mean, the results are there. He had a good year. It just seems like we don't do some things that to me are just no brainer things. Seems to me the only play we have that utilizes this "one in one in space" concept is the play we throw the ball straight to the sideline two yards behind the LOS, then we gain a yard or two. I mean come on man.

Are we attached at the brain? It seems so.

It's basic football guys. Basic.

We have two other WR that are better than him, but we need to throw the ball to Turner more (when he is hurt most of the year)? Also, we need to be using our TE more, while passing less, and running the ball more? I'm just trying to keep up with all of these Sunday morning Offensive Coordinators.

Just so you can follow along, here is the list of players that needed to be used more and have the ball more this year:

TM - till we saw how hurt he was.

Armstrong - till we saw him play.

Kellog - till the last game or two.

Ameer - But don't you dare run him in the ground.

Cross - Well, he is a beast so give him the ball.

Enunwa - Can't you see he is unstoppable. He just needs the ball more.

Any tightend - We just don't use them enough.

Any fullback - because that is what Nebraska does.

Bell - I don't care if his shoulder was hurt, he needs the ball.

Turner - to hell with his hamstring, these coaches caused the injury anyway.

Westercamp - can't you see he catches anything thrown his way?

Newby - After all, he was all world coming out of HS....you need to get him the ball more than we saw this year.

Adam Taylor - Really??? Redshirt???

You suck as a coordinator unless you get all of these players more touches. If they don't, they are all going to transfer.

As far at this genius post is concerned, I'm struggling to find room for Mike Nobler's designated 4 touches/game.

Doesn't baffle me true, and I think unnoticed doesn't mean unused either. We just don't exactly notice perimeter blocking.

We're not a passing offense. To the extent that we are, we're not a slot receiver precision short throwing mismatches passing offense.

Jamal is one of my favorite players and I think it's really unfortunate that he's languishing away (stat wise), but we've been very limited at QB this year and even when we theoretically weren't, seems like our throws were either less in traffic / on the outside short, or way longer. He's had his touches, he just isn't Wes Welkering it up because he's in Nebraska, not New England.

I'll take Accountability's point about our multitude of playmakers to get the ball to one step further. We all want our offense to be simple, and have a core identity, and it's had to be, with either limited Taylor or one of the new QBs, and yet we seriously expect every conceivable variety of route and play to be run out of it a noticeable amount of times?

Absolutely not. There are high percentage passes and low percentage passes. For some reason we seem to favor the latter. I don't want every conceivable type of pass. Maybe you weren't responding to me in particular, but I don't think I've ever said anything to give that impression. I'm actually total opposite. The thing about your response is that you are basically saying Jamal or whomever is not having success because of the type of offense we run. I'm saying the offense needs to change completely. So where you are looking at it as how players will be utilized in Becks offense, I'm saying Becks offensive philosophy is horrible and needs to change entirely. We are what we are, and we have what we have though, so I understand your approach. I just can't wait til some new coaches are brought in.

I think we take shots downfield because most of our offense is built around the run, True, which a) sets up the playaction down the field and b) we just aren't as good passing in any circumstance so we're a lot more limited when we have to do that. We would probably replace a large chunk of our run game with short YAC passes if that were more of our strength, but I don't think it is...because we have pulling guards, and Ameer Abdullah, and run-oriented QBs.

I think we take shots downfield because most of our offense is built around the run, True, which a) sets up the playaction down the field and b) we just aren't as good passing in any circumstance so we're a lot more limited when we have to do that. We would probably replace a large chunk of our run game with short YAC passes if that were more of our strength, but I don't think it is...because we have pulling guards, and Ameer Abdullah, and run-oriented QBs.

Does anyone have stats for percentage of our passes that are under 15 yards and over 15 yards?

Does anyone have stats for percentage of our passes that are under 15 yards and over 15 yards?

you want that for all attempts or just completions? and if for just completions do you want them broken down into throws that were less 15 yds but the YAC made them longer and throws that were more than 15 yds? then do you want the the percentage minus the drops or the percentage had there been no drop?

you want that for all attempts or just completions? and if for just completions do you want them broken down into throws that were less 15 yds but the YAC made them longer and throws that were more than 15 yds? then do you want the the percentage minus the drops or the percentage had there been no drop?

Well, the original comment was implying that the play calling chucks the ball down the field more than short higher percentage passing. So, I would be interested in attempts but completion percentages for each would be nice.

I have seen stats on TV where they will show attempts and completion percentages for various zones on the field. That was what I was thinking about when I asked the question.

Yeah, that kinda data would be cool. I don't know what the numbers actually are. But I don't think our throwing downfield is a problem given what we seem to try to do on offense.

OK...thanks for clarification because I thought you didn't like our pass distribution. I still would like to see the data. I remember seeing stats for TM where he very seldom threw it more than 15 yards. I think we have called more since TA and RK3 took over.

I personally think passing over 15 yards is a very important part of a scheme that wants power run/option. It gets those DBs thinking farther away from the LOS where the running plays are happening.

But, it's nice mixing in some short higher percentage passes also.