Evaluation so far

My thoughts so far:

Shields = not sure what is going on here but I was more impressed last year. I was really excited bout him coming into his second year with more talent around him but he really hasn't lit it up like he did last year at times.

Petteway = Obviously the most aggressive guy on the floor. Can score and is a big asset to the team. But, he needs to be less careless with the ball. Turnovers have killed us in some games and he can turn the ball over with the best of them. He can get to the basket but he needs to figure out how to finish. I would like to see a stat on how many of his shots have been blocked this year. At one point he basically took over our offense in the MU game and almost won the game on his shoulders. That is what he has the ability to do. If he can keep the turnovers down, the team should be built around him.

Pitchford = Obviously very athletic but for some reason, hasn't put it together on the floor this year. Possibly playing out of position. I thought when he was coming in he was supposed to be a bigger player under the basket but he hasn't turned out that way.

Smith = He might be the one guy I am excited about. He can play under the hoop and has a big enough body to move people around. Still needs to step up his game some but the team takes a step down when he isn't on the floor.

Biggs = Right now he is our best option at point. He can get to the basket and when he can do that, the offense opens up for others.

Webster = I'm concerned about him. It looks to me like Big Ten basketball is totally different than he was expecting and he needs to adjust. I'm hoping Miles can keep his head pointed in the right direction to give him the time to adjust. I think he can be good. He just needs to learn how to play the more physical style of basketball that is played around here.

Gallegos = I REALLY wish he wasn't so streaky. When he is hot...he is really HOT. But, then he goes cold. It would also help if he was better at going to the basket. It would open up the shot more behind the line. His shot is MUCH better when he has time to set his feet and isn't pressured.

As for the entire team, somehow Miles needs to get these guys playing together as a team. There just doesn't seem to be any chemistry between the players on the floor. I would have thought with some of these guys having a redshirt year last year together and now half way through the season, the chemistry would be better.

• Fire 1

My thoughts so far:

Shields = not sure what is going on here but I was more impressed last year. I was really excited bout him coming into his second year with more talent around him but he really hasn't lit it up like he did last year at times.

Webster = I'm concerned about him. It looks to me like Big Ten basketball is totally different than he was expecting and he needs to adjust. I'm hoping Miles can keep his head pointed in the right direction to give him the time to adjust. I think he can be good. He just needs to learn how to play the more physical style of basketball that is played around here.

Shields - definitely in a bit of a sophomore slump. I think there's more to his injury than just a recent bump in the OSU game. His explosiveness in the pre-season and first couple games was markedly different from he's displayed the past ten games or so.

Webster - I think he seems to be coming around. He shows flashes of brilliance, but it's followed by ten minutes of blah. Part of his problem could very well be injury related. I don't know if Miles is going to comment on it anytime, but he's having some issues. Not sure how much that's playing a part, but could explain why he's really not shooting much.

So who's the juco player that Miles is going after? I think Miles is doing a good job considering what he started with. The problem aren't the lack of fundamentals as much as cohesiveness. I would have thought by now it would be a little better but I really do think we are close and Miles has to stick to his beliefs for the long term.

So who's the juco player that Miles is going after? I think Miles is doing a good job considering what he started with. The problem aren't the lack of fundamentals as much as cohesiveness. I would have thought by now it would be a little better but I really do think we are close and Miles has to stick to his beliefs for the long term.

OWH is saying a PG from Williston, ND.

It's frustrating but about what most expected as evidenced by the posts.

It's probably worth considering that our non-con was tougher than we anticipated............with Creighton, UMass, Cincinnati, ALL being quality, rated teams to go along with our annual gift from Delaney to start the conference.

Miles has been saying all year, that we need 1 or 2 more big men (PF / C) in addition to Hammonds, so I am a little curious as to why we are considering an offer to a point guard. Even if talented, we seem to be loaded with players that could play that spot.

On a side note, I think at times we have actually looked the best when Parker is on the floor. His defense has been really good and we don't need him to score. In fact, it seems like it works better when there is one less player out there that feels like they should shoot.