Michigan's loss is an embarrassment to the Big 10

I won't pretend to like Michigan for a second but this loss is very embarrassing for the conference. It wasn't really even a competitive game...I take no joy in this as I want our conference to look good (although I wouldn't mind seeing Ohio State drop to Clemson, I can't stand Urban Meyer - but every other team B1G team I want to see win their bowl games).

i didnt even watch the game last night...ive just lost interest lately in 35 bowls and college football to a degree...and got up this morning having a feeliing Michigan might have been beaten badly...and they were..KSU's first bowl win in 11 years....for as long as I can remember(Im 47) the B1G has been a weak conference in football...but hey atleast THEY(B1G) have basketball and WE have volleyball!.....we werent in the B1G so we just pointed the finger and laughed ...well as Bo would say there is a thumb, or 3 fingers or a whatever pointing back now and its not feeling very good on any level...this is just a continuation of that. we have always known it and us being in the conference is not changing that...and we sure arent setting the world on fire right now by so many measurements.....just ....sigh....

but hey things are looking up we added R and Maryland!..and they both lost their bowls............sigh.........

QMany - IMO Gardner's absence doesn't lessen a 3 score beating by a 7-5 Kansas State team. This game made our conference look bad. In the end, I only care if Nebraska wins; however it would be nice to have the conference we play in regarded as being one of the strongest conferences.

Their entire offense doesn't lessen a 3 score beating? Gardner WAS their offense.

• Fire 1

At least we can say, "Hey, at least we're not Michigan"

Right, because we've never lost badly on the national stage and have a stellar record in bowls lately. They lost. They suck. Who cares. It really does not affect us one way or another. We could have been thrown into this statement several times since joining the conference, let's hope our bowl isn't another one.

• Fire 1

When the conference keeps taking a beating, it certainly does effect us. If the perception is the B1G is weak, then the bowl season turns out bad, our strength of schedule will suffer the next year. Which is a very important factor in determining who will play in the new playoff. The B1G needs to do well, or at least be average. So far though, it's not happening.

The SEC mindset is strong in this thread...

...actually, it sounds more like Texas University, whose fans are thumping their chests because two teams they USED to have in their conference have done well in the SEC. Pay no mind to the fact that the Longhorns predicted that Missouri and Texas A&M would be perennial basement dwellers in perpetuity. Because now, the Texans are saying that those two teams playing against them in the Big XII was/is the key to their success, and they will take a share of that success, thank you very much.

So let's not go there and be them, okay?

...actually, it sounds more like Texas University, whose fans are thumping their chests because two teams they USED to have in their conference have done well in the SEC. Pay no mind to the fact that the Longhorns predicted that Missouri and Texas A&M would be perennial basement dwellers in perpetuity. Because now, the Texans are saying that those two teams playing against them in the Big XII was/is the key to their success, and they will take a share of that success, thank you very much.

I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make here. That we shouldn't care that the Big 10 is looking like the MAC so far, because Texas A&M is in the SEC now?

• Fire 2

I don't think we have an asterisk by our name in the record books because we had Kansas in our conference in the 1990's, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Well when you go undefeated it is less of an issue. When you lose to several of these teams, you have to wonder how good you (and they) are.

minion-wha.gif

• Fire 1