Good article on Ganz

-This article infers that Ganz played the back half of that game with a pretty serious concussion. You could discuss how this applies to the "Bo cares about his players....More than Winning" line. I'm sure Casey Martinez and Cody Green could talk about this too.

Because Bo personally gave him the concussion tests and cleared him to return?

Because Zac Taylor overrode the head coach and threw Ganz back in there anyway against Bo's pleas?

I just pointed out something I found to be interesting. It's also interesting how many times Bo seems to be cool having a QB playing when he's severely twinged.

Or you could take the whole context and see that most of the time there was literally no alternatives left (that doesn't excuse Green, but like I said knowledge is different now). Bo isn't alone in this, Pinkle left Gabbert in a few years back when he was visibly wobbly after a hit against us.

Witt was there. Sure he fumbled (kinda, he was down), but he was an option.

Basically the problem here is this. Nebraska isn't in enough situations where the game is comfortably in hand enough where the backup can get some reps. The one silver lining of the QB situation this year was that Armstrong got some really good experience this year.

You're right, Bo isn't alone in playing QB's who appear to be hurt. However, when one of the defenses of Bo includes that he would never risk a player's future well being for a win.....yeah it ain't true. This is not to say Bo is a real life Coach Bud Kilmer, I'm just saying that argument is ridiculous.

Anyway, off topic.

Well Ganz cheated on the concussion test to say he was fine. The trainers said he was fine. If they say he can go he goes. Head coach doesn't have time to give him is own concussion test.

Can't cheat the eye test. Which in article he admitted he failed.

I'll guarantee the doctors told Bo that he did indeed fail the eye test.

I also don't care all that much, I just pointed out something I found interesting.

So should Bo not trust the trainers or whoever is checking on injured players and saying they can or can't return to the game?

Ganz admits getting help in cheating the tests so he could keep playing. Unless you're going to show that Bo knew he was cheating the test, I'm not sure how Bo can be at fault for playing a guy who was cleared by the trainers.

Well Ganz cheated on the concussion test to say he was fine. The trainers said he was fine. If they say he can go he goes. Head coach doesn't have time to give him is own concussion test.

I also don't care all that much, I just pointed out something I found interesting.

Rule of thumb is that if a person is speaking coherently and responding normally that you don't need to do the eye testing. Usually the three plays they are talking about aren't the last three but three that were given before the game as a reference test. I'm guessing that was the case here as well and reported incorrectly. Besides, the pupil response tests is actually for people who are out cold to see if they've suffered brain injuries. People however do them for people who are awake because they can be helpful in addition to the verbal questioning. Its also probably only been int he last 3 or 4 years that there has been a big push for eye testing having greater weight in deciding if someone could play or not. At least that's been the push on the youth sport level.

So should Bo not trust the trainers or whoever is checking on injured players and saying they can or can't return to the game?

Ganz admits getting help in cheating the tests so he could keep playing. Unless you're going to show that Bo knew he was cheating the test, I'm not sure how Bo can be at fault for playing a guy who was cleared by the trainers.

He doesn't love his players or he would have locked him in a shed after the game to avoid the light rather than have him hang at the hotel after additional testing.

• Fire 2

He doesn't love his players or he would have locked him in a shed after the game to avoid the light rather than have him hang at the hotel after additional testing.

Just as long as it's not an electrical closet, and his father doesn't have aspiration for a senate run and a major sports network for a mouth piece.

Rule of thumb is that if a person is speaking coherently and responding normally that you don't need to do the eye testing. Usually the three plays they are talking about aren't the last three but three that were given before the game as a reference test. I'm guessing that was the case here as well and reported incorrectly. Besides, the pupil response tests is actually for people who are out cold to see if they've suffered brain injuries. People however do them for people who are awake because they can be helpful in addition to the verbal questioning. Its also probably only been int he last 3 or 4 years that there has been a big push for eye testing having greater weight in deciding if someone could play or not. At least that's been the push on the youth sport level.

This implies that Tom Shatel did some poor journalistic work and frankly I can't see that.

(I don't need the sarcasm thingy, right?)

• 3 months later...