Tommy Armstrong

Sacks in college count as a rush attempt, with negative yardage. Huskers were sacked 17 times for 140 yards.

no stats are keep for rushes/scrambles off of pass plays, they count as a rush. Taylor did this 4-5 times a game. the other guys less.

just saying... closer then the stats show.

Sacks in college count as a rush attempt, with negative yardage. Huskers were sacked 17 times for 140 yards.

no stats are keep for rushes/scrambles off of pass plays, they count as a rush. Taylor did this 4-5 times a game. the other guys less.

So you claim 50/50. Stats show 61/39. You counter that it's really closer than they look ..... as in, it should be 60/40.

You convinced me.

• Fire 1

I was doing a little research... what is Tommy's official record as a starter? Couldn't find that.

He has started his career 7-1, including one Top-25 victory.

Taylor started his career 9-1, including Top-10 and Top-20 victories.

I might have to go back and look it up, but I believe Taylor was 8-4 as a freshman, with Cody Green winning his two starts that year. Taylor did play more and better against stronger competition though in 2010.

I was doing a little research... what is Tommy's official record as a starter? Couldn't find that.

He has started his career 7-1, including one Top-25 victory.

Taylor started his career 9-1, including Top-10 and Top-20 victories.

I might have to go back and look it up, but I believe Taylor was 8-4 as a freshman, with Cody Green winning his two starts that year. Taylor did play more and better against stronger competition though in 2010.

That would be correct. Martinez didn't play against Iowa St or Colorado. So Martinez started 8-1, but we did beat a Top 10 and Top 15 team during that time.

So you claim 50/50. Stats show 61/39. You counter that it's really closer than they look ..... as in, it should be 60/40.

You convinced me.

actually if you take those 17 sacks, and say 50 rushes off of passplays (3.8 a game. probably a little high... but whats ever)

that creates a 517/445 ratio in play calling. 54/46

guess I should have used the term "balanced" instead of 50/50

actually if you take those 17 sacks, and say 50 rushes off of passplays (3.8 a game. probably a little high... but whats ever)

nah you should just stop.

Taylor started against:

Western Kentucky

Idaho

Washington

South Dakota State

Kansas State

Texas

Oklahoma State

Missouri

Kansas

8-1

Taylor started against:

Western Kentucky

Idaho

Washington

South Dakota State

Kansas State

Texas

Oklahoma State

Missouri

Kansas

8-1

Didn't he also start against Oklahoma and Washington? Or were you not counting post season?

Taylor started against:

Western Kentucky

Idaho

Washington

South Dakota State

Kansas State

Texas

Oklahoma State

Missouri

Kansas

8-1

Didn't he also start against Oklahoma and Washington? Or were you not counting post season?

He also started against A&M - was just pointing out that technically the original statement that he started 8-1 is true if you're looking at the first 9 games.

You convinced me.

2011: 67% Rushing

2012: 63% Rushing

2013: 61% Rushing