Rose Bowl Discussion Thread

Excel

I'm torn. With the suspensions, injuries, and illnesses that have hit the Buckeye team this week, I'm worried about the game, but oddly today made me feel better about our chances too.

That is what we expect with Urban Meyer. :P

As long as we get the 2 NC in 4 years, I'll take it.

You better get movin'

Back to back ;)

Sparty stole your spotlight Huskers.

Fine with me, every BIG win helps us earn respect back.

I just wish Iowa or Wisconsin would have won.

Iowa got jobbed by the refs. Wisconsin.....well they did what they do during bowl games. (they did lose Stave though)

Best Rose bowl in at least a decade.

Wow !!! Spartan Nation is gonna burn a 'couple more couches' in EL this evening !!! We're all pinching ourselves for bringing home the Rose Bowl and getting that important BCS win for our conference... Did you see Coach D's eyes in the post game interview on how much this meant to his program? Great time to be a Spartan! To look back, I took my family to Ryan Field and braved the 5 Deg. F temps and 25 mph winds off the lake to see us win the Legends, then had the opportunity to see the B1G Championship in Indy and saw two great teams battle it out (The tOSU fans were great (maybe a little too much spiked KoolAid b4 the game :) ) but everyone was respectful and experiencing the O-H-I-O chant go around the indoors stadium was impressive to say the least. I also want to give a shout out to you Huskers for skinning the Dawgs today and knocking down the SEC a few notches. The baton is now passed to you Buckeyes ... good luck! Go Green !!!

Great game from Sparty. I thought Stanford would win this game like 27-17 but I loved how MSU's defense played. Really would like to see the Blackshirts play so inspiring. I was really surprised that Stanford did not seem to adjust but ran into a stuffed line several times. I honestly think Stanford thought their OL would eventually prevail but credit Sparty with great defense. Stanford should have hit a couple quick passes to keep Sparty guessing and off balance. I thought Shaw maybe got too stubborn thinking he could run it at MSU. Their formations were predictable too and played into Sparty's strength. I have seen Stanford play a lot this year and have often thought NU should emulate some of their offense...but tonight it looked less creative than I have seen and Sparty's defense feasted. Great win for MSU.

I remember as a kid watching the 87 Rose bowl, good win, that year 3 Michigan based teams won bowl games. It's been a while Spartans but this was a good solid win with what I will call the best defense in the country not just stat wise.

Thanks for the kind words Michiganball... sometimes we need to put aside the 'rivalry' and simply appreciate the accomplishments our teams give our respective Universities that we love so much! Interesting note, while I was at the B1G Championship game in Indy, I saw a UMich student in the massive SRO crowd at Lucas Oil Stadium. While I quietly watched him (not conversing too much with the Buckeye or Spartan fans) I could easily sense how much he wanted to be there and experience 'the moment' of that great environment. I only speak for myself, but we all need to build on this day and relish in the Spartan and Husker victories for the tangible benefits that can be gained. Coaching is the key to success as you so very well know. I wanted so much to see Bucky and the Badgers get over the hump for their seniors and go out on a high note... sadly it didn't come about this year... We now need tOSU to perform well and secure another BCS win! ................... Go Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire 1

Hopefully there's enough motivation out there to eek out a Buckeye victory.

Continued respect for B1G

End the season on a high note

Become the only team to win in all BCS Bowl venues in the BCS era.

Possibly show that the Silver Bullets (defense) haven't left (I really hope this one happens)

MSU is the real deal, and they have been the real deal. At least most learned it eventually.

Landlord - well put! Coach D. (and his excellent coaching staff) have put together the MSU team with mainly 2, 3 and some 4 star recruits. It's been a pleasure to see the Spartan team develop over the past few years into what it is today. It may not be pretty at times, but the relentless 'heart' of this team is displayed every weekend. That same 'heart' came together today for the Huskers on both sides of the ball. Something is tellin' me good things are in store for our conference! ........... Go Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!