Georgia going after Gregory

Georgia players mentioned Gregory a few times in interviews. Gracing us with comments about "He's as close to a SEC player as they have."

They went after him (physically and verbally) and tested his metal. Most of the time Gregory was in the middle of the pushing and shoving, I don't think by choice. How do you feel he performed? I don't think he had many plays, did they double him?

He had one sack, but it looked like they generally ran away from him and didn't have many passing plays that took awhile to develop which kind of took him out of the game. I think he did fine, would've liked to see more in the run defense from him but that's why another year or two in college will help.

While Gregory didn't shine in this game they knew where he was on the field every play. He had a very good year in spite of not playing ball for almost two years before arriving just before camp started. Imagine what a year of weights and speed training will do for him next year plus a better understanding of the system.

"He's as close to a SEC player as they have."

Link?

>> Mason also mentioned D-end Randy Gregory. Tight end Arthur Lynch had this to say about Nebraska’s 6-foot-6, 240-pound sophomore pass rusher: “Gregory’s about as close as you can get to an SEC defensive end,” Lynch said.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/12/31/gator-bowl-georgia-players-praise-huskers-at-press-conference/#.UsWe_fuzTnE

before the game

"He's as close to a SEC player as they have."

Link?

>> Mason also mentioned D-end Randy Gregory. Tight end Arthur Lynch had this to say about Nebraska’s 6-foot-6, 240-pound sophomore pass rusher: “Gregory’s about as close as you can get to an SEC defensive end,” Lynch said.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/12/31/gator-bowl-georgia-players-praise-huskers-at-press-conference/#.UsWe_fuzTnE

before the game

Saw that, and it really pisses me off. Exactly why we need our conference to win bowl games. So sick of this SEC BS. The SEC was not that good this year. I hope FSU mops the floor with their no defense playing asses.

• Fire 1

Georgia players mentioned Gregory a few times in interviews. Gracing us with comments about "He's as close to a SEC player as they have."

I think Georgia should be worried about how they made Thad Randle look like a dominant SEC player. I'll give the man all the credit in the world and I am happy to see him succeed, but he has had a very lackluster career here. With his injuries, he hasn't become the player he probably should have and has done little to be anything other than an average to below average starter.

That same guy came at Georgia and looked like a world beater. He beat his man seemingly on every play. The same guy me and my friend laugh at for playing patty-cake and never moving the los.

Georgia should have maybe stopped worrying about how we aren't in the SEC and tried a little harder to win the game.

• Fire 2

I think Georgia should be worried about how they made Thad Randle look like a dominant SEC player. I'll give the man all the credit in the world and I am happy to see him succeed, but he has had a very lackluster career here. With his injuries, he hasn't become the player he probably should have and has done little to be anything other than an average to below average starter.

That same guy came at Georgia and looked like a world beater. He beat his man seemingly on every play. The same guy me and my friend laugh at for playing patty-cake and never moving the los.

Georgia should have maybe stopped worrying about how we aren't in the SEC and tried a little harder to win the game.

It is like a communist state down there the brain washing is so bad. Great post here.

Thad had a great end to his career here. He played really well. Lot of guys stepped up. Ankrah played well too.

Thad had a great end to his career here. He played really well. Lot of guys stepped up. Ankrah played well too.

If anything, I would say Thad, Andrew Green, Mitchell, and Rose all stepped up big time. The four looked a lot better than they did throughout the year.

For Randle it's never been a question of ability, it's mostly been a question of health. He had a lot of time to get healthy for this game and did his damnedest to go out with a bang, and he did. Had he been able to stay healthy throughout his career here he'd be talked about in the same vein as Crick. Damned solid player, with occasional game-changing ability.