National All-BCS-era Team

Interesting list of players. Would you have picked them? Check it out! Of course we all know who made it from NU:

SUH!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10285969/all-bcs-era-team-celebrates-best-players-1998-2013

DT: Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (2005-09) -- There was no more dominant defensive tackle during the BCS era than Suh. After registering 12 tackles and 24 tackles for loss, he placed fourth in the Heisman voting in '09, and won a host of national awards, including the Outland, Lombardi, Nagurski and Bednarik. Suh too went on to become the second overall pick in the draft.

• Fire 1

Of course, Alex Henery is passed up....so that's normal behavior...like he was passed up for the Groza.

Over Janikowski? :dunno

Janikowski only played two years so we'll go with their last two years' stats:

Janikowski: 79-82 PAT (96%); 43-53 FG (81%) - Long: 56 yds; 208 Points

Henry: 92-92 PAT (100%), 42-47 FG (89%) - Long 53 yds; 218 Points

Janikowski has a huge leg (literally and figuratively) so he may have the edge in touchbacks but Henry also played two more years. So, to answer your question, yes - I think an argument can be made.

Of course, Alex Henery is passed up....so that's normal behavior...like he was passed up for the Groza.

Yeah I agree with Chris. Janikowski scored 324 points in 3 years and was a 2 time Groza award winner and 2 time consensus All-American

Henery scored 397 points in 4 years and never goat above second team all Big 12.

I know he was a great kicker and punter for us but I don't think the comparison is close.

Yeah I agree with Chris. Janikowski scored 324 points in 3 years and was a 2 time Groza award winner and 2 time consensus All-American

Henery scored 397 points in 4 years and never goat above second team all Big 12.

I know he was a great kicker and punter for us but I don't think the comparison is close.

Okay but a player can't control his national perception.

It's fine that Janikowski was more celebrated by other people, but Henery was the better kicker. Whether or not people recognize that as fact doesn't determine whether he's the better pick.

Janikowski only played two years so we'll go with their last two years' stats:

Janikowski: 79-82 PAT (96%); 43-53 FG (81%) - Long: 56 yds; 208 Points

Henry: 92-92 PAT (100%), 42-47 FG (89%) - Long 53 yds; 218 Points

Janikowski has a huge leg (literally and figuratively) so he may have the edge in touchbacks but Henry also played two more years. So, to answer your question, yes - I think an argument can be made.

Not to be THAT guy but it says he kicked for 3 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Janikowski

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sebastian-janikowski-1.html

Okay but a player can't control his national perception.

It's fine that Janikowski was more celebrated by other people, but Henery was the better kicker. Whether or not people recognize that as fact doesn't determine whether he's the better pick.

I think the entire list is like that save for maybe a couple of players.