Afalava is gone

whats so funny

Whats funny is that some of the fans believe they deserve to know things or be given reasons for certain actions. We are fans of the team, that does not make us privy to the inner workings or decision makings of the program.

The kid violated team rules, that is a good enough reason for me. Bo runs a tight ship and if you don't follow the rules then you are out. Nobody should have any problem with that. I want the team to succeed and win as well, but not at the cost of integrity and education.

• Fire 1

whats so funny

Whats funny is that some of the fans believe they deserve to know things or be given reasons for certain actions. We are fans of the team, that does not make us privy to the inner workings or decision makings of the program.

The kid violated team rules, that is a good enough reason for me. Bo runs a tight ship and if you don't follow the rules then you are out. Nobody should have any problem with that. I want the team to succeed and win as well, but not at the cost of integrity and education.

so you missed the part where I said "not that we deserve an explanation..." I dont believe that we deserve an explanation.... I just thought that this kid had some talent to see the field that young. Usually there are violations that we hear about, even if we dont know what they are, before a player is told to kick rocks. felt a little premature. TWSS.

whats so funny

so you missed the part where I said "not that we deserve an explanation..." I dont believe that we deserve an explanation.... I just thought that this kid had some talent to see the field that young. Usually there are violations that we hear about, even if we dont know what they are, before a player is told to kick rocks. felt a little premature. TWSS.

Did you miss the part where you said "don't we kinda"?

whats so funny

The kid violated team rules, that is a good enough reason for me. Bo runs a tight ship and if you don't follow the rules then you are out--unless you are a promising underclassman who plays defensive end and likes to flash his peener at people. Then. Bo will lobby for you to be able to avoid jail and stay in school. Nobody should have any problem with that. I want the team to succeed and win as well, but not at the cost of integrity and education.

Edited for accuracy.

demanding an explanation as to why a 19/20 year old man is leaving a football program/school and transferring to another or just following a whole different lifestyle, is just borderline creepy to me.

stop trolling... nobody is demanding anything. I didnt think everyone would take "not that we deserve it, but dont we kinda?" to mean that I literally demand answers. I admit I shouldn't have insinuated that we deserve info on any level. I was just trying to discus that I don't like losing a young player with talent for unknown reasons, it sucks. I think some of you are going a little overboard in your responses here though.

If Taylor Martinez started a few games at QB and then disappeared, and you start to ask some questions and voice your frustration.... would "Piss off, its none of your business...and you're downright creepy for even wondering!" be an appropriate repsonse? class up.

Plus you are assuming a lot... that he left the program on his own, that he's following a different lifestyle, or that he's even transferring to another school. All and any of that information would've been plenty for me.... but we don't have that.

I know that players leave for unknown reasons all the time... but god forbid I talk about this, or wonder the situation right? smh

So moss is a go?

Also, u simply cannot compare each kid to another. Every single case has to be treated individually. We know nothing about the goings on of why afalava was dismissed as apposed to Bo "lobbying" for Moss to stay.

Exactly. I completely agree. I wasn't trying to assume knowledge in that situation.... all I know is that it seems a little off to me. But that doesnt mean anything.

whats so funny

But.... Nobody does have a problem with that! :P

demanding an explanation as to why a 19/20 year old man is leaving a football program/school and transferring to another or just following a whole different lifestyle, is just borderline creepy to me.

stop trolling... nobody is demanding anything. I didnt think everyone would take "not that we deserve it, but dont we kinda?" to mean that I literally demand answers. I admit I shouldn't have insinuated that we deserve info on any level. I was just trying to discus that I don't like losing a young player with talent for unknown reasons, it sucks. I think some of you are going a little overboard in your responses here though.

If Taylor Martinez started a few games at QB and then disappeared, and you start to ask some questions and voice your frustration.... would "Piss off, its none of your business...and you're downright creepy for even wondering!" be an appropriate repsonse? class up.

Plus you are assuming a lot... that he left the program on his own, that he's following a different lifestyle, or that he's even transferring to another school. All and any of that information would've been plenty for me.... but we don't have that.

I know that players leave for unknown reasons all the time... but god forbid I talk about this, or wonder the situation right? smh

See, the issue is, we know the reason: Afalava is no longer here because he violated team rules. As for him leaving on his own... he didn't do anything bad enough to be kicked out of the University, he just did something bad enough to be let off his scholarship and the team. Its also been hinted on the likely reason. Like Bo's comment on how he has had to pull a couple kids from practice to go see the tutor and how he had two students who weren't academically doing well.

I was cracking a joke. No harm though. I'm hard to interpret. I get that.