When 9 wins a year isn't the whole story.

NUpolo8

No frickin thanks?!?!?!?

I don't know how 100% of Huskers fans wouldn't trade our last 6 years for Auburn's TWO National Titles! He didn't say anything about "how" just results! We haven't even won two conference titles...

Yes, I said NO FRICKEN THANKS. I want nothing to do with Auburn, and I dont anything Nebraska to resemble anything Auburn or SEC. If that means 9/10 wins every year, so be it. I'm fine with that. I will not sacrifice consistency and stability for a crystal football every few years. Just my opinion.

I don't want a national title because the SEC wins and competes for them all the time.

4 losses with 2013's cupcake schedule is pretty crummy. Overblown injury excuses and all.

This. I do not think it is acceptable to lose to Iowa and Minnesota in the same season, injuries be damned. I do, however, hold out hope that Bo is more upset than we are and he can make the fixes necessary to win championships here.

Every year of four losses makes this harder to believe that my hopes will come to fruition.

4 losses with 2013's cupcake schedule is pretty crummy. Overblown injury excuses and all.

Is that crummy according to perception before or after the season?

I think it's safe to say that Michigan St wound up being FAR better than anyone around here predicted. And that Minnesota and Iowa both wound up being significantly better than anyone expected. UCLA was better than us from the get go and predicted as a possible loss all along. I think the Minnesota and Iowa losses shouldnt've happened, but with all the injuries, and Taylor playing on crutches up in Minny, I'm not surprised by them looking back. And the injury excuses are not overblown. We were literally down to our 2nd team offense, and even 3rd guys at some positions, outside of our running backs. We were on the brink of pulling redshirts off Olineman just to be able to field 11 guys. That's pretty drastic. Georgia had injury problems too, and went from NC contender to 5 losses. Florida? 4-8. Injuries are part of the game, but seldom does a team who loses a large amount of their top guys accross the board remain just as good.

• Fire 2

And the injury excuses are not overblown. We were literally down to our 2nd team offense

Thanks for proving the point that is was overblown. Saying we were down to the 2nd team offense is laughable. We lost key players in Martinez and Long (half our losses came when they were still available however), otherwise there wasn't any key players missing substantial time. Most of the lineman that got hurt certainly didn't miss a lot of time. Players on every team miss a couple games here and there every season. So yes, very much so overblown.

• Fire 4

I think it's safe to say that Michigan St wound up being FAR better than anyone around here predicted.

True, although I never agreed with that consensus. And Michigan and Northwestern ended up being FAR worse. So the preseason perception of the schedule strength and the reality ended up being roughly the same.

• Fire 1

And the injury excuses are not overblown. We were literally down to our 2nd team offense

Thanks for proving the point that is was overblown. Saying we were down to the 2nd team offense is laughable. We lost key players in Martinez and Long (half our losses came when they were still available however), otherwise there wasn't any key players missing substantial time. Most of the lineman that got hurt certainly didn't miss a lot of time. Players on every team miss a couple games here and there every season. So yes, very much so overblown.

Yea, this made me laugh. I wasn't aware Abdullah was our 2nd string RB.

Is that crummy according to perception before or after the season?

I think it's safe to say that Michigan St wound up being FAR better than anyone around here predicted. And that Minnesota and Iowa both wound up being significantly better than anyone expected. UCLA was better than us from the get go and predicted as a possible loss all along. I think the Minnesota and Iowa losses shouldnt've happened, but with all the injuries, and Taylor playing on crutches up in Minny, I'm not surprised by them looking back. And the injury excuses are not overblown. We were literally down to our 2nd team offense, and even 3rd guys at some positions, outside of our running backs. We were on the brink of pulling redshirts off Olineman just to be able to field 11 guys. That's pretty drastic. Georgia had injury problems too, and went from NC contender to 5 losses. Florida? 4-8. Injuries are part of the game, but seldom does a team who loses a large amount of their top guys accross the board remain just as good.

If Taylor was on "crutches"......I'd love to know why he was playing, since, you know, everyone was starting to know that there was a pretty decent replacement in Armstrong or even Kellogg.

It'd be really nice if someone asked Bo that. Because, on its surface, that was an egregious error that probably should have cost him more than it did.

If Taylor was on "crutches"......I'd love to know why he was playing, since, you know, everyone was starting to know that there was a pretty decent replacement in Armstrong or even Kellogg.

It'd be really nice if someone asked Bo that. Because, on its surface, that was an egregious error that probably should have cost him more than it did.

It's like your posts that try to be funny. You still do them even though we know those posts are limping along and not comical at all....yet you still continue to put them in the game.

Pretty much, you're just like Coach Bo. While he continues to play hurt players...you continue to try to play your gimpy humor posts.

Hey no fair, I haven't done one joke about a gimp.....