Huskers picked 3rd in B1G West

robsker

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

We could very easily finish 3rd in the west and be 10-2. So you're saying a 10-2 record with 2 close losses is reason enough to fire Bo? Sounds reasonable. I guess.

It seems very unlikely that a 10-2 record would be third best in the west. I'd think 10-2 would win the west. But... I do not see the Huskers being 10-2 either.

10-2 with wisky going undefeated and Iowa with a lost to wisky and maybe another loss but a heads up win against us. Now I'm using this example according to our predicted finish and I haven't looked at anyone's schedule other than ours, but it is conceivable.

Oops, it should have read "I can see him staying around." I think it's really unlikely we go 10-2 and somehow end up 3rd in our own division, behind Wisconsin and Iowa of all teams...but what I mean is if that happened and Bo won his bowl game, that would be a breakthrough for him - 11 wins. And the heat would be a lot less. If he had a 3rd place finish next year and lost the bowl though...

They site the return of but 1 out of 5 OL and 1 of 4 DB's as issues for the Huskers and imply that the QB situation is not a strength either. That said, they say the Huskers are not far behind Iowa or Wisconsin.

:confucius

That's also what I was thinking. They must be basing this info on the "starters" on the field in our base defense for the first play of the game against Georgia. Cuz I see Coop, Alexander, Mitchell as 3 guys coming back right off the top of my head with significant experience and just as many if not more snaps as the guys leaving. And that must go for the Oline comment too. Must've missed all the younger guys getting priceless experience all year while the line was in shambles.

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

We could very easily finish 3rd in the west and be 10-2. So you're saying a 10-2 record with 2 close losses is reason enough to fire Bo? Sounds reasonable. I guess.

I think to end up third, we'd may loose 3 games or more. My thought isn't so much on the record (as 3 L season would be better than 4 L) but rather the lack of accomplishments.

Bo has been in 3 CCG but no hardware and finishing 3rd would be going backwards - (more understandable and forgivable this past season wt all of the injuries and young D - but Bo is still responsible for the D being young)

If Bo finishes 3rd in the B1G west but wins 11 games, I can him staying around. Otherwise, it'd be pretty tough.

How in the world can NU finish 3rd in the West and yet win 11 games? That takes out the B1G championship game, and NU would have to lose at least two games, and two west teams would have to lose...you know...this might be mathematically possible, but it isn't happening.

I love being the underdog, but I also find it hard to put Iowa ahead of us. Sure they beat us, but they lose their talented, experienced and physical defense. They lose all 3 of their starting LBers, a couple secondary players and a couple DE/DT's. You lose that much on defense and not have any proof of anyone to step in, its hard to put them in front of anyone. So... their defense is questionable, and their offense is mediocre. Same Iowa team we all remember. Offense to me, will be better than it was this year, but their defense gave them the record they have this year and made the WI, MSU and tOSU game close.

Wisconsin, they also lose basically their whole defense, their offensive line and Jarred Abrederis, who IMO is the biggest factor on offense outside of the RB's. I would put them as #1 just because of their track record, but outside of that, they are a huge question mark as well.

Minnesota, I think they will be back to being the same team they have always been. No offense to them, but with Jerry Kill at the throne, they aren't as good.

The other teams... its all self explanatory I believe.

^Solid appraisal of the West. It really is open three ways. Journalists are doing what they always do when the future seems murky...defaulting to the past and that was the pecking order this year. Not saying I blame them though. It's hard to see how this division will actually shake out.

If Bo finishes 3rd in the B1G west but wins 11 games, I can him staying around. Otherwise, it'd be pretty tough.

How in the world can NU finish 3rd in the West and yet win 11 games? That takes out the B1G championship game, and NU would have to lose at least two games, and two west teams would have to lose...you know...this might be mathematically possible, but it isn't happening.

By going 10-2 in the reg season, with the only 2 losses to the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the division, and then winning the bowl game. It's actually quite a real possibility having to go on the road to Wisky and Iowa, to be honest with you.

By going 10-2 in the reg season, with the only 2 losses to the 1st and 2nd place finishers in the division, and then winning the bowl game. It's actually quite a real possibility having to go on the road to Wisky and Iowa, to be honest with you.

Yeah, I get that, that's why I didn't say it wasn't possible. I just don't think there's much chance of it happening that way. But who knows.

i think we do better as underdogs, rather then when everyone picks us to win the conference and be dark horse nc contenders.

this could be good. should be another interesting year. we just need to get fundamentally sound and play complete football. i think we could go a long way then.

Uh..... When was the last time "everyone pick us to win the conference?" Using that line of reasoning (using that term very loosely) a Nebraska should have been "doing better" the last several years. And getting "fundamentally sound and playing complete football" is definitely that would help but that's not been a staple of Bo's Husker teams.

• Fire 1