Richard Sherman

He felt like he was disrespected, and in this moment had experienced the ultimate vindication. The game winning play to send his team to the Super Bowl. A play in which the Niners tried to throw on him for the winning score, to the WR Sherman felt had insulted him. I see the guy is a bit over the top, but in that moment, probably hard to control the emotions. The guy is a fierce competitor. To give I'm credit, he is also very good at what he does.

That said, I hope Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas make him look like a scrub.

• Fire 3

I'll divide my thoughts towards this into three separate lines of thought:

1. I think he's a bit of an idiot. Not as if he is unintelligent, because he is obviously smart, but more because he seems unwise. There's a distinction between the two. You can only excuse that junk as attributed towards adrenaline and emotion for so long.

2. That entire thing was essentially about him. And a bit inaccurate as well. To claim the moral high-ground on his taunt towards Crabtree afterwards is laughable. But mostly the entire article, and the post-game interview, were about Richard Sherman. Not about the Seahawks.

3. While I dislike and have no respect for his interview and his perspective and his actions, I love that he owns it. Tells it like it is without a PC filter. I applaud that, even if the 'real' him is one I don't like.

he went overboard last night, no doubt. and i have a hard time getting over how he came at skip bayless for no apparent reason. he made me feel bad for skip bayless, someone i am otherwise completely indifferent to. but i do like him and do not think how he acted was that bad. he was just being a character. really enjoyed what he said about the upcoming game against denver. i was ready to really cringe, but he said just that it should be a good game.

I have no problem with what he said or how he said it. Heat of the moment, things are said and you sometimes don't think.

What I perceive to be the issue is that he wasn't humble for the win. That tends to rub the majority of people the wrong way.

We are taught from a young age to "walk softly and carry a big stick", "sharpen your swords quietly", "be humble in victory and gracious in defeat".

You can take one look at the QB from the Broncos and see the stark difference in humility.

I have no problem with what he said or how he said it. Heat of the moment, things are said and you sometimes don't think.

I get this, but on the other side of the coin, what you say in the heat of the moment is generally a more accurate reflection of what you really think.

Which is why I think it's fine to celebrate passion and that he didn't try filtering himself, but misguided to celebrate someone being so seemingly self-absorbed and lacking all humility.

I get this, but on the other side of the coin, what you say in the heat of the moment is generally a more accurate reflection of what you really think.

Which is why I think it's fine to celebrate passion and that he didn't try filtering himself, but misguided to celebrate someone being so seemingly self-absorbed and lacking all humility.

I agree. I personally like it when people just say what they feel or think. At least I know where they stand. That's why I don't have a problem with what he said.

Having said that, I am not a big fan of self promotion like that.