2014 Expectations

I have two levels of expectation for next season. What I want to happen and what I think will happen.

What I want to happen and think "should" happen at this point in time, based on our schedule, is 11-1 plus or minus one loss and a CCG appearance.

But, what I really expect will happen is a 9-3 regular season with a bowl loss or 8-4 regular season with a bowl win. Until something different happens, that is only being realistic.

I've established myself as a Bo supporter. I've done this because I like having the man as our coach. I think he can become a long term Husker legendary coach. Something we all want even if it isn't him. I believe in his mind for the position, the defensive potential we can get back to.

With all that said I wan't to also point out I've said multiple times we should win verbatim no less than 11 games in 2014. Looking at the schedule and the potential it holds this is definitely achievable. I look at our team as a whole and see youth, promise, skill and depth. With the team we have in place I see no reason we can't win 11-12 games this year.

Now, the problem. I don't know that we can get to that point. Its there for the taking for sure. I just think that after 6 years our main issues have been Turnovers, Injuries and just flat out laying an egg for no reason. If you recap Bo's tenure every year we lose a game we shouldn't, this has been discussed to death. I see a couple possible spots that egg could be layed. At this point I don't know what the issues that need fixed are to kill the injury bug. And as far as turnovers go, with the majority of youth being on Defense we should see a slight improvement in that area but we will be handing the QB position over to a Sophmore or Freshman so it will still happen more frequently than we would ultimately like.

I'm sticking to my guns. I expect Nebraska to win no less than 11 games. But without getting out of our own way, remembering even cupcakes want to win, HOLD ON TO THE BALL, and staying healthy it will not be easy to achieve. Stop me if you've heard that before....

• 4 weeks later...