2014 Expectations

If we find a way to come together on the o-line and find a couple other DB's to hold together the secondary we are golden. If not, it will be a long year.

I think our line is going to be even better next year. A lot of young guys got experience because of injuries, and the past 2 offensive line recruiting classes have been stellar. Add to that the possibility of Alex Lewis, someone who started for a Pac-12 team (even though it was Colorado), and I like the look of the line.

The secondary is a little dicier. We had some questions at Safety starting this year that was answered pretty efficiently by Cooper and at points by Alexander. Next year that's switching over to CB with only Mitchell coming back with significant playing time. There are a number of names who can step up and fill efficiently enough until they get their feet wet.

I'm really liking the look of the front 7, though. It will be the most talented front 7 since '10. Between the DL we have along with the LBs, it's a group of young talented individuals. I can't wait to see them unleashed against FAU.

I actually feel the opposite. Our line has some coming together to do. We found some mild experience due to injuries, but we are far from held together. We lose our starting 5 for the most part with rotational guys stepping into 3 spots. With injuries, we saw some experience at most positions. That is far from a solid unit returning. We have questions to be answered.

Our secondary seems to be developing behind our graduates like the rest of our defense, young and talented. LeRoy and Mitchell provide a starting point with quite a few athletic underclassmen to fill in the holes. It is a big problem none the less, but smaller than o-line issues, imo.

Fla. Atlantic - Win

McNeese St - Win

Fresno St. - Win

Miami - Win

Illinois - Win

MSU - Loss

Northwestern - Win

Rutgers - Win

Purdue - Win

Wisconsin - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Iowa - Win

Bowl - Loss

Looked through this thread. This is the one I most agree with...if we can get a good bowl win that would be a good season. We cannot drop games to MN or IA...that would be a perfect storm for the naysayers and I'd have to agree with them if that happens again.

Our defense will start the season better than it did last year. It will support a slightly weaker offense until a QB emerges. Our team will be far more athletic and as long as some deficient schemes are addressed will be better start to finish.

Is this team special? Probably not.

Will they have games in which they struggle? Of course.

Loses to MSU and NW and possibly Iowa ( haven't decided to look into them to far).

Back dooring into the title game is very possible and if we do make it I give it a 50-50 chance.

Our defense will start the season better than it did last year. It will support a slightly weaker offense until a QB emerges. Our team will be far more athletic and as long as some deficient schemes are addressed will be better start to finish.

Loses to MSU and NW and possibly Iowa ( haven't decided to look into them to far).

Back dooring into the title game is very possible and if we do make it I give it a 50-50 chance.

We play a clean game against Northwestern and I'm confident we win by 2 scores. I'm confident because Simian is not a very good QB. He's servicable, but outside of 1 drive in '12 he has done little to nothing against us. Then while Mark is dangerous, he really didn't do anything outside of the 80 yard run the same year.

We play a clean game against Northwestern and I'm confident we win by 2 scores. I'm confident because Simian is not a very good QB. He's servicable, but outside of 1 drive in '12 he has done little to nothing against us. Then while Mark is dangerous, he really didn't do anything outside of the 80 yard run the same year.

Simian is not only liable, but a problem for pick 6's. I called a pick six all game when he entered the game against us this last year and he helped us win the game. However, how well they have played against us with Mark coming back I have to give them the nod on their home field.

Fla. Atlantic: W

McNeese State: W

Fresno State: W

Miami: W (close game)

Illinois: W

Sparty: L

Northwestern: W

Rutgers: W

Turdue: W

Wisconsin: L (tough road game)

Minnesota: W

Iowa: W

CCG: We're watching from home

Bowl: W (Cap One again?)

10-2

10-2

10 wins seems reasonable. I'd like to see us hold on to the ball, win the games we should win ... lose the games we should lose. No surprises. :-)

10-2

10 wins seems reasonable. I'd like to see us hold on to the ball, win the games we should win ... lose the games we should lose. No surprises. :-)

That doesn't make a bit of sense. There are no games we should lose.

10-2

Until he proves he can break through his glass celing, we should expect 4 losses as the past six years have shown.

10-2

Until he proves he can break through his glass celing, we should expect 4 losses as the past six years have shown.

I don't.