2014 Expectations

I really expect Stanton to beat out TA for starter. Something just seems like hes gonna have a better Spring.

I just don't get this. I really don't, and it's not just you saying this. There's a few others on this board that say this also. I disagree, and I say no way. I saw film on both these guys coming out of school. I've only seen TA at this level since Stanton hasn't even taken a snap in a game. So what gives? Why would he jump TA? What is he so brilliant at that TA isn't? I stamp my words on it right now, no way I see this happening. No f'ing way.

As for 2014 predictions, I have to given any thought really. I don't even know our schedule. I don't know who we are signing. I don't know who may be leaving. It's a touch too early for me to throw my two cents in on that, but I guess I'll have to give it some thought. I really have to examine other Big Ten teams and who they have coming and going.

Fla. Atlantic - Win

McNeese St - Win

Fresno St. - Win (closer than we'd like - wyoming 2013)

Miami - Win

Illinois - Win

At this point, the kool-aid is flowing nicely.

MSU - Loss

Northwestern - Loss

Pelini's seat is very hot.

Rutgers - Win

Purdue - Win

Wisconsin - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Iowa - Loss

mid-tier Bowl - Win

9-4

Except Miami and Iowa results........swap W/L. Hawkeyes will be back to earth IMO. And Thugs are mostly youngsters, freshmen and sophomores, and last 3 years, Top10 recruiting battles. But I agree, 9-4 (again)

I just have a gut feeling Tommy struggles this Spring and cant live down the nightmare of back to back 3 pick games. We all know Bo has no qualms handing the keys over to a freshman. Either way I feel confident in whoever starts at QB. I like our line and RBs and WRs. Top it off with a couple giant leaps from the D and I like where its going.

I just have a gut feeling Tommy struggles this Spring and cant live down the nightmare of back to back 3 pick games. We all know Bo has no qualms handing the keys over to a freshman. Either way I feel confident in whoever starts at QB. I like our line and RBs and WRs. Top it off with a couple giant leaps from the D and I like where its going.

I think there are plenty of valid reasons Tommy had some struggles this year. Still, come on man.....the nightmares of back to back 3 pick games? This guys is smart enough to forget those the next day and move on to the next opponent, let alone hang on to a couple of bad games all spring. Yes, Bo proved with TM that he has no problem handing the reins to a freshmen. My interest in your post was more toward what skills, what have you seen, that makes you believe Stanton is a better QB? What is he better than TA at at this point? I'm just curious as to why a group of folks here believe TA will lose this QB battle. I didnt think this was based on a "gut feeling" that TA is still haunted by some bad games from 2013. I thought there was more to it.

Expectations are so hard, because you can't just scream "BIG 10 title or bust". Why? What if we go undefeated, lose to Wisconsin in a last minute drive by a FG, and they get in because they have the tie breaker over us? Fire a coach with one loss because it was a bust?

My expectations, and I don't think its too far fetched....

I expect every game to be competitive and NOT play to our opponents level. If we are a better team, I want to see it on the field. I want to see limited turnovers. If we were to lose to a team, I want it to be by someone we were an underdog to, and have it extremely close. I am tired of us being our own worst enemy. I expect, at the very least, to be a runner for our division.

I expect to see Ameer tearing up that backfield with either Taylor or Newby getting their part in our fast offense. I expect to see a DOMINANT front 7, since experience can't be an excuse.

Most of all, I expect to see our offense to have an IDENTITY! We have yet to have one, and year 3 under Beck, its about f'ing time we establish one so we can recruit offensive players who fit the system.

I think there are plenty of valid reasons Tommy had some struggles this year. Still, come on man.....the nightmares of back to back 3 pick games? This guys is smart enough to forget those the next day and move on to the next opponent, let alone hang on to a couple of bad games all spring. Yes, Bo proved with TM that he has no problem handing the reins to a freshmen. My interest in your post was more toward what skills, what have you seen, that makes you believe Stanton is a better QB? What is he better than TA at at this point? I'm just curious as to why a group of folks here believe TA will lose this QB battle. I didnt think this was based on a "gut feeling" that TA is still haunted by some bad games from 2013. I thought there was more to it.

Well to get technical I see TA establishing himself as more of a run first QB but with the talent at RB its not necessary. Tim Beck loves churning out new passing plays and from the highights Ive seen maybe Johnny would be better suited for it. Its gonna be a tight battle either way, Im looking forward to it. The competition should fuel both of them to perform better.

Well to get technical I see TA establishing himself as more of a run first QB but with the talent at RB its not necessary. Tim Beck loves churning out new passing plays and from the highights Ive seen maybe Johnny would be better suited for it. Its gonna be a tight battle either way, Im looking forward to it. The competition should fuel both of them to perform better.

Okay, cool. I see. I agree with you about Becks direction of the offense. I felt like Beck being the former passing game coordinator at Kansas, and watching Martinez's high school film, Beck felt like that passing offense was going to translate very well. It seemed Martinez was almost made for it when you watched those films. I agree that it seems to be a big part of what he still wants to do. Although the option has been utilized a lot more. Not sure if that's Beck trying to suit his offense to Tommy, or Tommy orchestrating part of Becks plan?

Either way, I get your point. I just disagree in he fact that I think if Beck wants to continue moving toward that passing offense, I feel Tommy is a very very capable passer. One of the better passers Nebraska has had in a long time.

I really expect Stanton to beat out TA for starter. Something just seems like hes gonna have a better Spring.

Hey, how about Drake? I know outrageous idea but ......

TMart: Athlete, Ht. 6'0, Wt. 176, 40: 4.47 (Rivals recruit)

Drake: Athlete, Ht. 6'2, Wt. 200, 40: 4.30 (Rivals recruit)

Drake is apparently bigger and faster !!!

There are actual, legit, highly sought after QB prospects on the roster. One of whom I thought looked pretty damn good this year.

Boo this man.

I feel Tommy is a very very capable passer. One of the better passers Nebraska has had in a long time.

what did you see this year that gives you such confidence in the above?

He has had some accuracy issues, but you can't act like the kid doesn't have a cannon. From a few comments I heard through the season from experts, TA's knee (the one that had the cleaning) could have been a huge culprit on this as well.