2014 Expectations

What do you think our record will be? At the end of next season, what would you consider to be acceptable? What would be unacceptable? The last question is the most important for me.

I predict four losses, which I consider unacceptable. BCS bowl, conference championship or bust. I do not think we will get consistent quarterback play down the stretch, which is needed from any elite team. We do not have a quarterback coach on staff so I expect the same kind of hot/cold kind of performances. I think the defense will improve, but special teams, QB play, and some sort of significant injury will hold us back.

What say you?

Fla. Atlantic - Win

McNeese St - Win

Fresno St. - Win (closer than we'd like - wyoming 2013)

Miami - Win

Illinois - Win

At this point, the kool-aid is flowing nicely.

MSU - Loss

Northwestern - Loss

Pelini's seat is very hot.

Rutgers - Win

Purdue - Win

Wisconsin - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Iowa - Loss

mid-tier Bowl - Win

9-4

Keep in mind that Fresno graduates Carr and some other impact players. Northwestern scares me.

Keep in mind that Fresno graduates Carr and some other impact players. Northwestern scares me.

Yes, which is why I have it as a win. I think it's closer than we like because it's an early road game. We'll have an offense still finding themselves. An "evolving" secondary against an offense that is usually pretty solid. You look at Wyoming this year, or UCLA last year, or Fresno the year before, or SD State the prior year...we usually have an early game that isn't representative of the team we finish the season with. I see Fresno being that game, especially if there is buildup for the Miami game and we're looking ahead.

FAU - win

McNeese St - win

Fresno State - win

Miami - close win

Illinois - win

MSU - loss

Northwestern - who knows

Rutgers - win

Purdue - win

Wisconsin - close loss

Minnesota - close win

Iowa - close loss

9-4, maybe 10-3 if one of those close losses happens to go our way. Defense plays great at some points, looks lost against some decent offenses especially with new CB's. Offense carries the team most of the season, has one game where they turn the ball over 3+ times.

I'll just say what I want and what I expect are two completely different things. But I can envision another 9-4 season. Losses to MSU and Wisconsin, and two more to, well...whoever. Someone we shouldn't lose to, and maybe the bowl game. Maybe we'll have the talent and health to make it 10-3.

Here's what I would like:

1. B1G Championship, OR
  2. Top 10 finish AND Orange, Fiesta, Cotton or Chick-Fil-A bowl win

Here are some more specific things I'd like to see, which will help lead to those primarily goals:

• Finish in the top 50 in penalty yards per game (first time in Bo's career)
  • Win 11 games (first time in Bo's career)
  • Finish in the top 50 in turnover margin (second time in Bo's career)
  • Don't lose to anyone you're favored to beat by more than 5 points (second time in Bo's career)
  • Don't lose to anyone by 14 points or more (second time in Bo's career)

Redshirt Soph or Redshirt Fresh QB... just that alone I would think a 9 win regular season would be considered a good year.

Healthy Oline, Star RB returning, Improved D... 10-11 win regular season.

Banged line, Senior Injury bug bits again, "divas" show up on defense... 7 win regular season

like others nothing would really suprise me.

Expectations...

9 win regular season... bo stays.

8 win regular season... bo gone.

cause that is what this season is really going to be about.