SIGNED DE Sedrick King

Really glad we could get a DE. That being said, I hope we can get at least one more this year. We need someone who can contribute right away just because of our lack of depth for that position this year.

Keels is going to play immediately. You're right though that it would be nice to have another game ready option in case of injury.

Gregory, McMullen, Keels, Natter is a good four man rotation; but like you said injuries would hurt bad.

Yup. Lose one and we're relying on a true frosh for snaps or rotating someone from another position. It's possible we could run more 3-4 with a DT playing end or to have a LB move up to end in a 4-3, but I'd just as soon get a kid on campus that's ready to learn under fire. Figure if we get two good HS end prospects, there's a good chance that one of them might be ready to go if needs be.

247 has learned he weighed in at at 250 and was just shy of 6'4 on his visit this weekend. Caught us a nice late bloomer.

This has to put him into the mix right off the plane don't ya think HF?

It could. Hard to say how strong he is. He would probably need a RS year to get stronger. I think we're good with Keels already here. If anything Newell could play DE since he has better size and won't get pushed around near as bad in the run game, lets hope it doesn't come to that. Both need a RS. IMO he will be more of a versatile guy like we used Gregory some this year as an OLB and specialty pass rusher.

Oklahoma did this against Bama and it killed them, the tackle could not block that dude to save his life, couldn't catch him around the corner.

• Fire 1

247 has learned he weighed in at at 250 and was just shy of 6'4 on his visit this weekend. Caught us a nice late bloomer.

This has to put him into the mix right off the plane don't ya think HF?

It could. Hard to say how strong he is. He would probably need a RS year to get stronger. I think we're good with Keels already here. If anything Newell could play DE since he has better size and won't get pushed around near as bad in the run game, lets hope it doesn't cone to that. Both need a RS. IMO he will be more of a versatile guy like we used Gregory some this year as an OLB and specialty pass rusher.

Oklahoma did this against Bama and it kill them, the tackle could not block that dude to save his life, couldn't catch him around the corner.

Nice example about the OU game. I remember thinking the same thing.

Looks really quick and a nose for the ball. It should be great to have him. Have to wonder though, who on that team scared the offense so bad that they would just let this kid come through clean as seen on many of his highlights. This kid DOES NOT look like the guy you forget about in a blocking scheme.

Looks really quick and a nose for the ball. It should be great to have him. Have to wonder though, who on that team scared the offense so bad that they would just let this kid come through clean as seen on many of his highlights. This kid DOES NOT look like the guy you forget about in a blocking scheme.

I was thinking the same, it seemed like some of the plays they almost left him unblocked with a free lane to the QB