so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

Michigan St was as hot a team as any in the nation at the end of the year. This is an indeniable truth. It wouldve been intersting to see them against Florida St or Auburn. Maybe even Bama. We saw what they did and how they played against Stanford. I believe last years there were abtou 6 or so teams in that top eshelon of college football. By the end of the year, Michigan St was one of them.

The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

Lies. The stadium was pretty close to full. The biggest problem was, a good 1/3 of that crowd wore Black & Gold.

Before Bo blew up at the ref and asked to get fired. Before Iowa stuffed that game down our throats. Immediately after a big overtime win in front of a hostile crowd of 100,000 at Beaver Stadium.

Husker Fans sold out.

• Fire 1

The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

Lies. The stadium was pretty close to full. The biggest problem was, a good 1/3 of that crowd wore Black & Gold.

Before Bo blew up at the ref and asked to get fired. Before Iowa stuffed that game down our throats. Immediately after a big overtime win in front of a hostile crowd of 100,000 at Beaver Stadium.

Husker Fans sold out.

And we continually wonder why there's a tension between the team and the fans...

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=96696

"Sure, Bo can coach and recruit just fine with four years on his contract. But if full support exists from the administration, why not keep him at five?

Really, if he’s not extended, it’s more about power than money. No matter the circumstances, the cost of business is high in the Big Ten, where coaching salaries are outpaced only by the Southeastern Conference.

Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio recently signed an extension that keeps him under contract for six years. Minnesota coach Jerry Kill was extended through the 2018 season. Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz is signed through 2020.

Spring football starts on Saturday at Nebraska. Big news, as always, around here.

Old habits die hard, I know, but let’s try, for once, not to read too much into the little dramas.

Otherwise, football is no different than the weather in Nebraska: Cold one day, hot the next, with no idea from where the next storm is coming."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=96696

"Sure, Bo can coach and recruit just fine with four years on his contract. But if full support exists from the administration, why not keep him at five?

Really, if he’s not extended, it’s more about power than money. No matter the circumstances, the cost of business is high in the Big Ten, where coaching salaries are outpaced only by the Southeastern Conference.

Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio recently signed an extension that keeps him under contract for six years. Minnesota coach Jerry Kill was extended through the 2018 season. Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz is signed through 2020.

Spring football starts on Saturday at Nebraska. Big news, as always, around here.

Old habits die hard, I know, but let’s try, for once, not to read too much into the little dramas.

Otherwise, football is no different than the weather in Nebraska: Cold one day, hot the next, with no idea from where the next storm is coming."

Actions speak louder than words, regardless of what was said in Sips article.

Husker Fans sold out.

Disagree with both. The only section that wasn't full was the student section. OMG TEH HORRAH COLLEGE KIDZ WENT HOME FOR A HOLIDAY! !!!11!!11!

And, its been well documented that students around the nation haven't attended games as much as in the past.

Knapp, I was at that game and there was a lot of black, so your conclusion isn't unwarranted. But from my observation, the majority of that black had the red N on it.

Last year Michigan State was an elite team. There can be no arguing that. Are they an elite team? I would have to say that sustained winning and/or dominance would be a better indicator. maybe for 3-5 years. So I would say no for now. However, there are only a couple of teams that would be in that category.

As for the sellout streak, I have mentioned before that this fan base sometimes seems to care more about the streak than the team.

http://m.espn.go.com...bigten&id=96696

Really, if he's not extended, it's more about power than money. No matter the circumstances, the cost of business is high in the Big Ten, where coaching salaries are outpaced only by the Southeastern Conference.

Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio recently signed an extension that keeps him under contract for six years. Minnesota coach Jerry Kill was extended through the 2018 season. Iowa's Kirk Ferentz is signed through 2020.

Old habits die hard, I know, but let's try, for once, not to read too much into the little dramas.

really give Bo an extension? lol.

Really, if he's not extended, it's more about power than money. No matter the circumstances, the cost of business is high in the Big Ten, where coaching salaries are outpaced only by the Southeastern Conference.

Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio recently signed an extension that keeps him under contract for six years. Minnesota coach Jerry Kill was extended through the 2018 season. Iowa's Kirk Ferentz is signed through 2020.

Old habits die hard, I know, but let's try, for once, not to read too much into the little dramas.

This is standard fare in college athletics.

Sherman digging for hits again.

Husker Fans sold out.

Disagree with both. The only section that wasn't full was the student section. OMG TEH HORRAH COLLEGE KIDZ WENT HOME FOR A HOLIDAY! !!!11!!11!

And, its been well documented that students around the nation haven't attended games as much as in the past.

Knapp, I was at that game and there was a lot of black, so your conclusion isn't unwarranted. But from my observation, the majority of that black had the red N on it.

I was at that game. Most of the black around me had a gold hawkeye on it. Hawkeye gear was evident throughout my section, and while walking throughout the stadium and environs.

True. And if I'd place a bet, I'd bet that 99 is one of those that has been critical of Bo's recruiting. No extension hurts recruiting.

Husker Fans sold out.

I was at that game. Most of the black around me had a gold hawkeye on it. Hawkeye gear was evident throughout my section, and while walking throughout the stadium and environs.

I initially thought the same as you, but you had a different experience than I. There was no doubt a lot more opponents fans than we normally see at the stadium, but all of the black I saw wasn't Iowa black. Just an observation.

True. And if I'd place a bet, I'd bet that 99 is one of those that has been critical of Bo's recruiting. No extension hurts recruiting.

No I am tired of Pelini talking and seein the same sh#t on the field every year but i guess you are fine with it.