QUARTERBACK PLAY

Tim Beck is not a quarterbacks coach. RK3 is going to be a GA next year.

Please, explain how you come to this conclusion. I think its extremely premature to say this, since he has not had a "true QB" to work with. I think between Beck, Calhoun and Ganz, they formed Taylor into a damn good QB, since after all he is a converted WR!

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Beck our QBs coach?

• Fire 1

I'm so sick of every conversation I comment about a QB turns into me somehow bashing Taylor. Get over it folks, I think we will have better QB's at some point down the road. So twenty years from now if I'm still here and you're still here and I say I'm really excited to see what the next QB at Nebraska can do in 2034, I don't want to f'ing hear,"what, you think he'll be better than Taylor?". YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I THINK SO!

It was an honest question. Do you really not think he audibled?

I never said he didn't audible!? Just because you audible a sh#t ton makes you Peyton f'ing Manning? No Manning is Manning because he audibles to THE RIGHT PLAY AFTER HE READS THE DEFENSE.

I know right now I'm making a mistake saying Peyton Manning, because some dumbass will say, " we'll True, not everyone is Peyton f'ing Manning". But that's completely not the point. You can audible all you want, doesn't mean it was the right play. Martinez misread the defense constantly. Opponents knew that weakness and fooled him quite often.

At this point, I don't care. When I refer to QB at Nebraska, I'm talking about Tommy Armstrong until otherwise is shown. You know, the guy that is 7-1 as a starter. The guy that led us to a win over Georgia in the bowl game. Yea, that guy. Taylor's eligibility ended last year.

Oh yeah, for those who say we need a "designated" QB coach position, which position coach job do we get rid of for it? Here are some successful schools who do not have a "designated" QB coach position, and it works out fine for them, as I think it will for us.

Texas A&M

Alabama

LSU

Oregon

Stanford

University of Southern California

Wisconsin

Louisville

Michigan

Ohio State

• Fire 1

If Beck is such a qb guru how come we aren't getting the qb's that would fit his system? Good OC would work the system around a qb if the qb doesn't fit the sytsem. Never forcing a qb run a system they can't.

How do we know that we have had QBs that haven't fit the system?

come on really? Martinez would've worked much better than having him be a drop back passer.

If Beck is such a qb guru how come we aren't getting the qb's that would fit his system? Good OC would work the system around a qb if the qb doesn't fit the sytsem. Never forcing a qb run a system they can't.

come on really? Martinez would've worked much better than having him be a drop back passer.

I mean, we don't really know that, do we? Maybe Taylor would've been better dropping back had he not been injured, no?

I mean, we don't really know that, do we? Maybe Taylor would've been better dropping back had he not been injured, no?

he was doing good before the freshman injury. we were passing but not like afterwards in 2011 and later. Martinez could make throws but not consistent enough. Also receivers dropping balls didn't help.

• Fire 1

Oh Ulty, you bring so much to discussions here. You da man.

I actually agree with you about Martinez for the most part, but I'm amused by the overreactions from both sides whenever the debate occurs. Carry on.

I think that's why I made the response I made. I'm sick of the overreactions on both sides. Truth is, the guy is a record holder, a good person, and respected by many Huskers ( fans and teammates). I respected the hard work he put in to get better. But there was a reason he had to spend off seasons with a QB coach! The only comment I made was that I want a guy at QB who doesn't need to spend the summer with Calhoun or who ever it was.......I want the guy that knows all that and works to learn the offense and timing with his WR's in his off time.

Tim Beck is not a quarterbacks coach. RK3 is going to be a GA next year.

Please, explain how you come to this conclusion. I think its extremely premature to say this, since he has not had a "true QB" to work with. I think between Beck, Calhoun and Ganz, they formed Taylor into a damn good QB, since after all he is a converted WR!

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Beck our QBs coach?

Qb coach was added to his title this season.

And to the guy that posted that list of schools, do some research on the HC's and OC's backgrounds. I can already pick out a few that have coaches with QB backgrounds.

Oregon, USC, Ohio State, a&m, Louisville