Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-US deaths in total Iraq and Afghanistan~5000+2500=7500

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

Abortions in US in 2012~1,200,000

Number of righties concerned about being called a hypocrite by even bigger hypocrite lefties~0

How many people have died because they couldn't get adequate healthcare? How many of those abortions were for medical reason or because of a rape or incest?

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

Number of righties concerned about being called a hypocrite by even bigger hypocrite lefties~0

How many people have died because they couldn't get adequate healthcare? How many of those abortions were for medical reason or because of a rape or incest?

I believe around 95% abortions are done soley as birth control, so I'll knock that number down to 1,140,000. Does that even it up enough for you?

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

I believe around 95% abortions are done soley as birth control, so I'll knock that number down to 1,140,000. Does that even it up enough for you?

Was just out of curiosity for a fair and balance discussion.

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

And your numbers come from where exactly?

It's an often repeated number that's nothing more than a myth created by twisting interpretations of statistics to fit someone's agenda. What it means is, "The number of women having abortions so as to not end up giving birth to a baby is 95%." A truly shocking statistic, really, since the WHOLE f'ing POINT of having an abortion is to prevent having a baby.

The twisting of the statistics comes in with the implied meaning imparted by the addition of "as birth control." This brings to mind the often repeated myth that huge %'s of women are having unprotected sex with the idea that they can just have an abortion later and it's all good. You see the twisting of the statistics and the agenda here? Yeah.

Someone citing that statistic is a great way to instantly identify a person that buys into a lot of the lies that are being spread around. I've got another truly mind boggling statistic for you. 99% of the people crossing a street are doing so to cross that street. 1% are just too drunk to know where they are and stumbled across it by accident. OMFG, unbelievable, right? RIGHT??

• Fire 5

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

And your numbers come from where exactly?

The internets. Most of those stats came from the first page of google searches, I should have posted links and can still do it if you really don't believe or if you want to make the debate about how I got those numbers and not the shocking reality of those numbers themselves.

It's an often repeated number that's nothing more than a myth created by twisting interpretations of statistics to fit someone's agenda. What it means is, "The number of women having abortions so as to not end up giving birth to a baby is 95%." A truly shocking statistic, really, since the WHOLE f'ing POINT of having an abortion is to prevent having a baby.

The twisting of the statistics comes in with the implied meaning imparted by the addition of "as birth control." This brings to mind the often repeated myth that huge %'s of women are having unprotected sex with the idea that they can just have an abortion later and it's all good. You see the twisting of the statistics and the agenda here? Yeah.

Someone citing that statistic is a great way to instantly identify a person that buys into a lot of the lies that are being spread around. I've got another truly mind boggling statistic for you. 99% of the people crossing a street are doing so to cross that street. 1% are just too drunk to know where they are and stumbled across it by accident. OMFG, unbelievable, right? RIGHT??

I guess all I can really say is I don't believe in abortion other then for those extreme situations, rape, medical, etc whether that be one abortion a year or one million. If I am buying into the lies of the CDC, then so be it.

Then you should probably phrase your objections to it like that, rather than the way you did previously. It does nothing but hurt your position and make it look entirely foolish. Because what you are saying otherwise is that 95% of women are just not worrying about getting pregnant and using abortion as their primary fallback position. The CDC, along with any other legitimate survey, says nothing like that. As I explained before, stating it like that is twisting statistical interpretations to fit an agenda, and turns that interpretation into a blatant lie, which only makes the person doing it look idiotic.

• Fire 3

boom.

Oh, and the GOP does not favor small government. That's a myth. They actually promote bigger government than the left does, they just hide behind the veil of social conservatism, hard-working christian values, blah blah blah patriot american buzzword stuff that isn't remotely grounded in reality. And I think that there could be a reasonable conservative party, but with Fox and the Tea Party driving most of the agenda using strongarm tactics, that's just not feasible.

They are for smaller gov when it comes to rules and controls on businesses. And 'smaller' gov in that it should get to be small enough to hang out in your bedroom to see if you are having the type of sex they approve of. The Tea Party is not 'smaller gov' at all, they much more lean to theocracy, which is ironic as the 'god' they worship supposedly ranks greed as one of the most horrible things. They actually worship $$

I think it was Jesus who said "F*#$ bitches, get money"

• Fire 1