Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

This pretty much sums up the GOP today. The stupidity and rhetoric from the extreme right wing would be hilarious if it wasn't so infuriating.

http://www.washingto...222c_story.html

Last Wednesday, I sat in a House hearing and listened to Republicans describe Obama exercising “unparalleled use of executive power” and operating an “uber-presidency.”

They accused him of acting like a “king” and a “monarch,” of making the United States like a “dictatorship” or a “totalitarian government” by exercising “imperial” and “magisterial power.”

But after events in Ukraine, this very tyrant was said to be so weak that it’s “shocking.”

“We have a weak and indecisive president that invites aggression,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) proclaimed Sunday on CNN.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told the annual gathering of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on Monday that Obama has “a feckless foreign policy where nobody believes in America’s strength anymore.”

CNN used to be so good. Headline News, too. It's a shame what's become of them. I haven't watched either one (or any TV-based news) for years now. It's a wasteland.

Given al jazeera a try yet? I've only watched about 15 minutes of it, but it seems somewhat promising.

I have, but only on Twitter. I don't watch TV news, so I wouldn't spend time watching their channel (do we even get it in Lincoln?).

I glance at their headlines, but they're not reporting anything I don't already know, so I haven't clicked through to an article yet. CNN.com is still my primary news website if I go to an actual website, but mostly I get my news from twitter and reddit.

This pretty much sums up the GOP today. The stupidity and rhetoric from the extreme right wing would be hilarious if it wasn't so infuriating.

Last Wednesday, I sat in a House hearing and listened to Republicans describe Obama exercising “unparalleled use of executive power” and operating an “uber-presidency.”

They accused him of acting like a “king” and a “monarch,” of making the United States like a “dictatorship” or a “totalitarian government” by exercising “imperial” and “magisterial power.”

But after events in Ukraine, this very tyrant was said to be so weak that it’s “shocking.”

“We have a weak and indecisive president that invites aggression,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) proclaimed Sunday on CNN.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told the annual gathering of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on Monday that Obama has “a feckless foreign policy where nobody believes in America’s strength anymore.”

That devious, tyrannical, all powerful, iron fisted ruler . . . who is the weakest, feckless, effeminate, bumbling, Odumba . . .

Whatever is the worst, he is it. The most. The worst. Just bad.

That devious, tyrannical, all powerful, iron fisted ruler . . . who is the weakest, feckless, effeminate, bumbling, Odumba . . .

Whatever is the worst, he is it. The most. The worst. Just bad.

And he wears mom jeans.

"People are looking at Putin as one who wrestles bears and drills for oil. They look at our president as one who wears mom jeans and equivocates and bloviates," Palin added.

The President was photographed donning denim on Saturday, when he called Putin from the Oval Office to discuss the situation in Ukraine.

Some conservatives complained that Obama's choice of attire was no match for the global crisis at hand.

http://www.nydailyne...2#ixzz2v6moxnbA

Here's the picture in question:

usa-russia-diplomacy-ukraine.jpg

Here's how a "powerful" president wears jeans:

Gallery-Pockets-George-Bu-007.jpg

Because, you know, that's different somehow. And matters at all.

This is not a democrat or republican problem it is a government problem. Both parties are of equal blame IMO.

why or how is it a problem?

Look, I get it. You guys think everything going on right now in our country is great and their are no problems. You love the direction that Obama is taking things and anyone that thinks otherwise is a right wing, money grubbing, bigoted, Christian racist. So I will just leave it at that. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours.

This is not a democrat or republican problem it is a government problem. Both parties are of equal blame IMO.

why or how is it a problem?

Look, I get it. You guys think everything going on right now in our country is great and their are no problems. You love the direction that Obama is taking things and anyone that thinks otherwise is a right wing, money grubbing, bigoted, Christian racist. So I will just leave it at that. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours.

Literally no one has ever said that here. So reign in your martyr complex and come back to reality.

• Fire 6

You don't get it at all, unfortunately.

Look, I get it. You guys think everything going on right now in our country is great and their are no problems. You love the direction that Obama is taking things and anyone that thinks otherwise is a right wing, money grubbing, bigoted, Christian racist.

lol, no. I hope you realize those are exactly the kind of lies Fox News spews every day... Nothing could have proved our point better than you posting something like that. Much appreciated. End of line.