Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

CNN used to be so good. Headline News, too. It's a shame what's become of them. I haven't watched either one (or any TV-based news) for years now. It's a wasteland.

Given al jazeera a try yet? I've only watched about 15 minutes of it, but it seems somewhat promising.

I have, but only on Twitter. I don't watch TV news, so I wouldn't spend time watching their channel (do we even get it in Lincoln?).

I glance at their headlines, but they're not reporting anything I don't already know, so I haven't clicked through to an article yet. CNN.com is still my primary news website if I go to an actual website, but mostly I get my news from twitter and reddit.

Indeed we do, with Time Warner that is.

This is not a democrat or republican problem it is a government problem. Both parties are of equal blame IMO.

why or how is it a problem?

Look, I get it. You guys think everything going on right now in our country is great and their are no problems. You love the direction that Obama is taking things and anyone that thinks otherwise is a right wing, money grubbing, bigoted, Christian racist. So I will just leave it at that. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours.

The 'equal blame' pseudo-argument maybe would have worked ten years ago. Unfortunately, if you are paying any kind of attention to the facts on the ground, only one party even bothers with the business of government anymore, and it isn't the GOP. The Repubs have been infiltrated and infected by an obstructionist cancer in the House, to the point where we can't even pass legislation like immigration reform with near-universal support from every constituency. Look at the clowns at the head of the party. Look an Boehner try to reign in his caucus. It's a f'ing circus, and republicans have no one to blame but themselves.

• Fire 2

CNN used to be so good. Headline News, too. It's a shame what's become of them. I haven't watched either one (or any TV-based news) for years now. It's a wasteland.

Given al jazeera a try yet? I've only watched about 15 minutes of it, but it seems somewhat promising.

I have, but only on Twitter. I don't watch TV news, so I wouldn't spend time watching their channel (do we even get it in Lincoln?).

I glance at their headlines, but they're not reporting anything I don't already know, so I haven't clicked through to an article yet. CNN.com is still my primary news website if I go to an actual website, but mostly I get my news from twitter and reddit.

Indeed we do, with Time Warner that is.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

I'll probably have to check out the AJ website, too. CNN.com is chaotic TMZ-centric nonsense these days. It used to be my portal to SI.com, but now they're allied with Bleacher Report for their sports "news." The CNN product has devolved terribly over the last few years. I can only imagine the despair actual journalists working there must feel.

Just a friendly reminder that CPAC is going on. It's like a tour through a psych ward - let's see exactly how much crazy is packed into one place!

edit - for example - http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/06/paul-ryan-cpac-free-school-lunches-mean-poor-parents-dont-care-about-kids/

if your kids qualify for free or reduced lunches, you are a sh**ty parent and your kid has no soul. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN YOUR GOP

Oh, and the GOP does not favor small government. That's a myth. They actually promote bigger government than the left does, they just hide behind the veil of social conservatism, hard-working christian values, blah blah blah patriot american buzzword stuff that isn't remotely grounded in reality. And I think that there could be a reasonable conservative party, but with Fox and the Tea Party driving most of the agenda using strongarm tactics, that's just not feasible.

they also are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. if you are going to fight to prohibit abortion, maybe realize that the gov't is going to have to help support those kids. they only care about you as a fetus, then you are on your own. no help for food, diapers, daycare, and keep cutting the funding for schools, and do not support a living wage for the parent/parents. but, dammit, that baby has a right to life; even if it is an extremely sh**ty life.

• Fire 1

Just a friendly reminder that CPAC is going on. It's like a tour through a psych ward - let's see exactly how much crazy is packed into one place!

edit - for example - http://www.rawstory....are-about-kids/

if your kids qualify for free or reduced lunches, you are a sh**ty parent and your kid has no soul. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN YOUR GOP

Jesus. This guy was a VP candidate. SMH.

What? It isn't common knowledge that poor people hate their kids?

Oh, and the GOP does not favor small government. That's a myth. They actually promote bigger government than the left does, they just hide behind the veil of social conservatism, hard-working christian values, blah blah blah patriot american buzzword stuff that isn't remotely grounded in reality. And I think that there could be a reasonable conservative party, but with Fox and the Tea Party driving most of the agenda using strongarm tactics, that's just not feasible.

They are for smaller gov when it comes to rules and controls on businesses. And 'smaller' gov in that it should get to be small enough to hang out in your bedroom to see if you are having the type of sex they approve of. The Tea Party is not 'smaller gov' at all, they much more lean to theocracy, which is ironic as the 'god' they worship supposedly ranks greed as one of the most horrible things. They actually worship $$

they also are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. if you are going to fight to prohibit abortion, maybe realize that the gov't is going to have to help support those kids. they only care about you as a fetus, then you are on your own. no help for food, diapers, daycare, and keep cutting the funding for schools, and do not support a living wage for the parent/parents. but, dammit, that baby has a right to life; even if it is an extremely sh**ty life.

Its also hard to call yourself 'pro-life' when you are a warmongering, pro-death penalty, and pro gun nut.

Its also hard to call yourself 'pro-life' when you are a warmongering, pro-death penalty, and pro gun nut.

"Only in America can you be Pro-Death Penalty, Pro-War, Pro-Unmanned Drone Bombs, Pro-Nuclear Weapons, Pro-Guns, Pro-Torture, Pro-Land Mines, and STILL call yourself 'Pro-Life'." ~ John Fugelsang

Lefties thinks bad

-2012 gun murders~10,000

-US deaths in total Iraq and Afghanistan~5000+2500=7500

-2012 US executions-43

Righties thinks bad

Abortions in US in 2012~1,200,000

Number of righties concerned about being called a hypocrite by even bigger hypocrite lefties~0

Holy crap I think the Daily Show just read this thread and made tonight's episode based on it. I'll put the link up tomorrow, it was pretty entertaining. They ripped Fox for calling Obama weak and mom jean wearing sissy and Putin a muscular bear/tiger wrestling leader, while before this mess they were calling him a dictator and a tyrant. They made a Fox business commentator look like the jackass he was by giving him examples of how poor our healthcare system is and letting him talk himself into a corner. He used every company line on the subject too.