Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

Abortion is a tricky subject, no matter what side of the argument you fall on, but the truth is, the GOP uses fervor over abortion as a way to gather votes and get people riled up. During most of the Bush years, the GOP essentially controlled all three branches of government, and even though there are a lot of voters who seem to really get concerned over abortion and not much else, there was very little effort from the GOP to make any significant changes to the legality of abortion.

Also during that time, especially after Bush's SCOTUS appointments, the Supreme Court was as sympathetic to conservative causes as they ever will be, but they consider the abortion debate to be settled precedent, and even if the GOP did try to change things, the courts would not allow it. In short, abortion in this country is going to be legal and that's not going to change. The GOP will keep using it for political points, but not much else.

Also, anyone on the right who calls the left "pro-abortion" is totally ate up. No one (of any significant number) is pro-abortion. Talking about rights, choice, and morality is cool, but being pro-choice does not make one pro-abortion.

Actually no, anyone who responds to the "pro-abortion" wording is the one who is totally ate up. I was just waiting to see who would reply. Works every time, thanks.

The Rules

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

I'm sure politicians from just any arbitrary party would do this as well?

http://jezebel.com/m...bout-1540099408

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the democratic party, or any party system whatsoever. It just encourages bad partisan politics, propaganda, and a general lack of critical thinking from both lawmakers and the public. But only the GOP provides us with so many completely outlandish statements and public relations incidents on a staggeringly regular basis.

• Fire 1

Oh, and the GOP does not favor small government. That's a myth. They actually promote bigger government than the left does, they just hide behind the veil of social conservatism, hard-working christian values, blah blah blah patriot american buzzword stuff that isn't remotely grounded in reality. And I think that there could be a reasonable conservative party, but with Fox and the Tea Party driving most of the agenda using strongarm tactics, that's just not feasible.

They are for smaller gov when it comes to rules and controls on businesses. And 'smaller' gov in that it should get to be small enough to hang out in your bedroom to see if you are having the type of sex they approve of. The Tea Party is not 'smaller gov' at all, they much more lean to theocracy, which is ironic as the 'god' they worship supposedly ranks greed as one of the most horrible things. They actually worship $$

I think it was Jesus who said "F*#$ bitches, get money"

lol hilarious!!! The way some people act you would think this was actually written in their book

"Similar things" being cherry picking facts that support their side while ignoring those that undermine it, twisting real life stories to suit their agendas, outright lying, etc. Yeah, those are traits of politicians in general.

Yes, both parties are very guilty and equally guilty of these things. But one of the parties is much more hilarious.

• Fire 1