Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

It's all propaganda in my mind be on the right or left. What entitlements are we talking about?

propaganda is using misinformation and being a cheerleader for a party.

fox news is a mouthpiece for the republican party. msnbc is in favor of the left's ideology. there is a huge difference. say what you will about msnbc, but it is consistent and will be critical of democrats. fox is extremely contradictory in that everything obama does is bad, even if it is something they praised george bush for.

the entitlements that come with being the powerful class. for instances, there is no war on christmas and frankly no one owes christians preferential treatment. if someone says happy holidays to you, deal with it.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-december-12-2013/war-on-christmas---s--t-s-getting-weird-edition

CNN used to be so good. Headline News, too. It's a shame what's become of them. I haven't watched either one (or any TV-based news) for years now. It's a wasteland.

Given al jazeera a try yet? I've only watched about 15 minutes of it, but it seems somewhat promising.

It's all propaganda in my mind be on the right or left. What entitlements are we talking about?

propaganda is using misinformation and being a cheerleader for a party.

fox news is a mouthpiece for the republican party. msnbc is in favor of the left's ideology. there is a huge difference. say what you will about msnbc, but it is consistent and will be critical of democrats. fox is extremely contradictory in that everything obama does is bad, even if it is something they praised george bush for.

the entitlements that come with being the powerful class. for instances, there is no war on christmas and frankly no one owes christians preferential treatment. if someone says happy holidays to you, deal with it.

Again, it all has to do with the way you lean IMO. If you lean left, which it appears you do you think Fox News is terrible. I lean more right so i take a different view of Fox News. I really don't watch it all that much, the way you present things is no better or worse than what they say, except you don't agree with it.

Again, it all has to do with the way you lean IMO. If you lean left, which it appears you do you think Fox News is terrible. I lean more right so i take a different view of Fox News. I really don't watch it all that much, the way you present things is no better or worse than what they say, except you don't agree with it.

i do not watch much news, but i think there is a difference between what fox news does and what others do.

cnn= biased towards lazy journalism and combating their ever growing obsolescence.

msnbc= biased towards a liberal ideology.

fox news= biased towards the republican party above even a conservative ideology.

msnbc is not beholden to a party. they will criticize anyone who opposes their liberal ideology, even democrats. you rarely see fox news criticize a republican, because they are protecting a party over an ideal. i think that is much more dangerous, disingenuous, and causes a skirting of journalistic integrity.

msnbc is biased, but they are consistent and accurate.

• Fire 1

I know plenty of Republicans and conservatives that hate Fox News and everything they stand for. These are sane Republicans and conservatives. Fox News does not represent the real Republican party, nor do they do anything but damage conservatives and the actual Republican party's interests.

I know plenty of Republicans and conservatives that hate Fox News and everything they stand for. These are sane Republicans and conservatives. Fox News does not represent the real Republican party, nor do they do anything but damage conservatives and the actual Republican party's interests.

the intellectually honest conservative message is so much more compelling than the feigned outrage they peddle.

CNN used to be so good. Headline News, too. It's a shame what's become of them. I haven't watched either one (or any TV-based news) for years now. It's a wasteland.

Given al jazeera a try yet? I've only watched about 15 minutes of it, but it seems somewhat promising.

If I got it I would give it try, I have found some of their reporting online, in what amounts to print these days, to be quality.

They used to offer an english language live stream on their website. Not sure if its still around. Al Arabiya, Al Jazeera, BBC, Deutsche Welle and RT are all pretty good at offering a different perspective on things. If you're more of a print person try the Economist.

They used to offer an english language live stream on their website. Not sure if its still around. Al Arabiya, Al Jazeera, BBC, Deutsche Welle and RT are all pretty good at offering a different perspective on things. If you're more of a print person try the Economist.

The important part is knowing who controls each. The BBC is good on some things, and next to worthless on others. True 'Freedom of the Press' does not exist in England, or anywhere else for that matter.

The important part is knowing who controls each. The BBC is good on some things, and next to worthless on others. True 'Freedom of the Press' does not exist in England, or anywhere else for that matter.

No, you're wrong sir. The Korean Central News Agency of the Glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea (Best Korea) is the most transparent, trustworthy and free news service in the world.

i do not watch much news, but i think there is a difference between what fox news does and what others do.

cnn= biased towards lazy journalism and combating their ever growing obsolescence.

fox news= biased towards the republican party above even a conservative ideology.

msnbc is not beholden to a party. they will criticize anyone who opposes their liberal ideology, even democrats. you rarely see fox news criticize a republican, because they are protecting a party over an ideal. i think that is much more dangerous, disingenuous, and causes a skirting of journalistic integrity.

Good summary.

Good summary.

I guess we will agree to disagree. If you lean left you see a lot of fault with Fox News if you lean right its the other way around. Just my opinion.

Good summary.

I guess we will agree to disagree. If you lean left you see a lot of fault with Fox News if you lean right its the other way around. Just my opinion.

I've seen plenty of people that lean right and still see plenty of fault with Fox News.

I've never seen any person that leans left and has thought, "Fox News isn't that bad at all."

That is what is telling. Of course the majority of both sides will stick up for their sides - it's when part of your side actually admits that sh#t is wack that you really start to see it. Kind of like Christians and creationism.

• Fire 1

Left or right leaning bias would be understandable . . . it's the partisan hackery that is grating.

For example, Sean Hannity is not a "conservative." He's a party mouthpiece.

snapback.pngtschu, on 01 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

http://www.salon.com...shing_hysteria/

There's a lot in this article. This happened to my dad as well - for several years he did nothing but drink and watch Fox News, literally all day. It completely consumed him. The brainwashing of a susceptible group of people and the exploitation of that by predatory advertisers is a sad sad demise for a lot of the silent generation and baby boomers who now feel confused and overwhelmed by a high-tech world filled with social change that has largely passed them by. And I'm not sure what the answer is or if one even exists.

I am also saddened by what Fox News has done to the minds of people in my family. Both my father and grandfather (really everyone in the generations above me) mainline the FNC on a daily basis. Up for breakfast with Fox & Friends, lunch with Lumbaugh, and drinks with the the king of fools himself, Bill O'Reilly, during primetime. Our generation can laugh about it with each other, but when you see the effects on otherwise rational people and their inability to detect a hint of BS when stories about our communist-Muslim-Kenyan president w/ his fake birth certificate surface anew each day, you realize this isn't some small thing. Fox News is literally killing peoples' ability to think.

In place of measured conversation about substance, you get people on a steady diet of manufactured outrage. Tune in each night at 7 PM sharp to hear about the newest and worst attack on America, like affordable

LMAO. And, let me guess you two Watch CNN and that is the most honest ad factual news out there.