CBS Article: Away from the sidelines, Nebraska's Pelini isn't that dragon

Bo Pelini@BoPelini 5s

Unbelievable atmosphere at PBA and a great team win @HuskerHoops #GBR

Ok who in the f#*k was behind this? Who in the hell told Bo to tweet this?

Hope the same person reminds him he just saw a team play as hard as it could for the whole game and play great defense, and what those two things a capable of. With a coach that's has embraced the fans and media from day 1. With a far bigger reclamation project.

And do you not think that this isn't happening at least a little bit? I'm betting it was a big step for Bo to open practice up to the media.

On Bo's defense on the Media, they do ask the stupidest questions in the world. Whoever said that there is no stupid question should be dragged and shot in the street.

Losing by 30 points. "Hey coach, how do you feel right now?"

Westercamp misses a punt catch "Hey coach, why do you think he missed that catch?"

I would get testy on these questions. Ask a legitimate question for f*ks sake.

On Bo's defense on the Media, they do ask the stupidest questions in the world. Whoever said that there is no stupid question should be dragged and shot in the street.

Westercamp misses a punt catch "Hey coach, why do you think he missed that catch?"

Because them asking "Hey Bo your special teams are really lacking! care to discuss it?" Or "Hey Bo you're down 30 on a televised game again, give quick response why that always happens." would somehow ilicit a thoughtful answer?

I agree those sideline questions going into the tunnel are hideously stupid, but they also appear to be not going away, he might want to endeavor to do better.

Because them asking "Hey Bo your special teams are really lacking! care to discuss it?" Or "Hey Bo you're down 30 on a televised game again, give quick response why that always happens." would somehow ilicit a thoughtful answer?

I agree those sideline questions going into the tunnel are hideously stupid, but they also appear to be not going away, he might want to endeavor to do better.

Ooof.

Kinda wish HCNU handles those interactions with more class and more to the benefit of the program. Part of the whole Nebraska Way and More Than Winning thing. Nebraska class is something to take pride in. We love our community outreach efforts and model student-athletes, so how about a coach that doesn't come off as boorish and confrontational?

Given the charm offensive, I think it's safe to say somebody within the athletic department 'gets' this. We can only hope Bo not only gets it, but embraces it and takes it above and beyond.

• Fire 1

He says what everyone else in the country is thinking...I don't have a problem with that. I've always preferred to have someone who is upfront and says what's on their mind.

I think he runs the program in the right way...he recruits not only kids that can play, but also kids that will fit our program...He keeps our kids out of trouble for the most part and has no issues with getting rid of the ones that don't want to do things the right way. We have won 9+ games every year of his tenure by doing things the right way...I can't complain about that because a lot of the upper programs can't say that. Most of his players will stick up for him in the thick or thin and that tells me a lot about his character behind the scenes. He is a good coach and a good person. Yes he has his blow ups...most coaches do. We are just more sensitive to it because of who we are as fans. He took a 5-7 program from the year before and turned it around...about the time he starts getting his footing on recruiting "his" type of players, oh hey, lets switch conferences...I don't think enough people understand the magnitude of that and how it changed our recruiting styles, etc...basically starting over in a lot of ways. Not saying it's end all be all, but it definitely isn't apples for apples. Then about the time we are starting to get things going in the B1G we loose our starting QB and most of our starting O line...

This is all just my opinion, so please don't beat me up over it...I know people will disagree and that is fine, it's your right.

I have a good feeling about this year...I believe we are set up to have a special season barring a flurry of injuries again. I love NU and everything it stands for...I think our program is doing fine and we are very close to breaking thru. #GBR

• Fire 4
  • 2 weeks later...