Comparing Nebraska's most colorful coaches of late

(To

So no, I'm not willing to get a guy to do the same. I think Nebraska could get a BETTER coach than who they have now. And they'd probably do it like how they got Miles, if not better. And that is seeming to work out pretty well so far.

Go ahead and discount playing in the 2012 CCG because we got throttled. Doesn't mean we didn't play, just because you have an agenda.

I'm still waiting to see that realistic better coach that's out there that would come here. If we fire another #9winner, it's going to make the last 3 coaching searches look like well thought out, well executed plans.

Gladly, I'll discount anyone pointing to the 2012 CCG as some sort of positive all day long.

68 teams make the tourney compared to 35 bowl games (70 teams).

by that logic, we should be upset coach miles failed to get us into the far more exclusive tournament, the nit.

Exactly. You have to be just the right amount of bad and the right amount of good. All at the same time. Anyone can win like hell and make the big dance. But the NIT, now that takes planning and precision right there.

It seems to me if you have a generally negative attitude towards Bo, you're just being negative. If you have a generally negative attitude towards the program at large, and its potential, that's the good kind of negativity?

Dogging Bo after every stop and refusing to see positives is being negative. Realizing that Nebraska isn't in the same position it was 20 years ago (regardless of HC) in the CFB world isn't negativity, it's a realistic view of the situation. I want NU to pull in top 10 ranked recruiting classes and be in the playoff every year, but I also recognize that the changes in the sport over the last 20 years haven't benefited NU in the slightest. This isn't some Tony Robbins sh#t.

Disregarding the coaching factor is convenient for your argument, but it doesn't help solve the problem. One of the main reasons we're not in the same position is we no longer have a great head coach (haven't in quite some time). Recognizing that isn't simply negativity, it's a realistic view of the situation.

I'm not sold on the premise that Nebraska is inherently incapable of pulling in top recruiting classes most years. Just because we haven't been doing it recently, doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done.

No one can deny Bo does come with some upside, but to this point he's not meeting expectations. Again, just a realistic view of the situation. Expectations might be really, really high, but he fully acknowledged that when he came here. Just because he hasn't met them, doesn't mean it's the expectations that need changing.

• Fire 2

No one can deny Bo does come with some upside, but to this point he's not meeting expectations. Again, just a realistic view of the situation. Expectations might be really, really high, but he fully acknowledged that when he came here. Just because he hasn't met them, doesn't mean it's the expectations that need changing.

especially when we watch all of the games and see that the team could be so much better. it is not that we are playing top teams, playing competent football, and coming out with 9 and 10 wins. we are getting embarrassed when it matters and there are teams we play, frequently, that nebraska looks like they have no business sharing the field with.

if the expectations are multiple championships a decade and top 10 recruiting classes, that is ridiculous. but those are not the expectations we are unsatisfied with bo failing to meet.

we are dissatisfied because he has no meaningful wins and he gets embarrassed against good to great competition, anymore. and that makes it worse, because there was a time when his team would at least compete almost every big game. since we joined the big 10, when the moment is big, we play small. we should be able to at least compete in the big 10 and the fact that his teams have regressed should at least be a little concerning.

• Fire 1

especially when we watch all of the games and see that the team could be so much better. it is not that we are playing top teams, playing competent football, and coming out with 9 and 10 wins. we are getting embarrassed when it matters and there are teams we play, frequently, that nebraska looks like they have no business sharing the field with.

if the expectations are multiple championships a decade and top 10 recruiting classes, that is ridiculous. but those are not the expectations we are unsatisfied with bo failing to meet.

we are dissatisfied because he has no meaningful wins and he gets embarrassed against good to great competition, anymore. and that makes it worse, because there was a time when his team would at least compete almost every big game. since we joined the big 10, when the moment is big, we play small. we should be able to at least compete in the big 10 and the fact that his teams have regressed should at least be a little concerning.

And to top all of that off, when he is pressed to explain what's going on, its a backhanded swipe that the players didn't fulfill his grand plan, or that everything is still fine, or that he doesn't have to apologize for what's going on. It's already been said, but he knew what the deal was coming in here. If the rigors of a Big Ten schedule in its current state and the Eastern Nebraska media is too much for him, then I really question what an environment conducive to his success would look like.

• Fire 1

I've been really impressed with the strong start to the 2015 recruiting class. I think it can turn into a top 10-15 class on its current trajectory, and I don't think that's in any way beyond realistic most years.

It's also the first recruiting season maybe ever for these guys that didn't resemble a guy cramming for his finals a week out and then trying to get people to be proud of his B-/C+

It seems to me if you have a generally negative attitude towards Bo, you're just being negative. If you have a generally negative attitude towards the program at large, and its potential, that's the good kind of negativity?

Dogging Bo after every stop and refusing to see positives is being negative. Realizing that Nebraska isn't in the same position it was 20 years ago (regardless of HC) in the CFB world isn't negativity, it's a realistic view of the situation. I want NU to pull in top 10 ranked recruiting classes and be in the playoff every year, but I also recognize that the changes in the sport over the last 20 years haven't benefited NU in the slightest. This isn't some Tony Robbins sh#t.

Disregarding the coaching factor is convenient for your argument, but it doesn't help solve the problem. One of the main reasons we're not in the same position is we no longer have a great head coach (haven't in quite some time). Recognizing that isn't simply negativity, it's a realistic view of the situation.

I'm not sold on the premise that Nebraska is inherently incapable of pulling in top recruiting classes most years. Just because we haven't been doing it recently, doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done.

I guess my argument about not having a great coach is that I personally don't think there are a lot of great coaches out there. None that have won as consistently as TO did over a 25 years span. There are a lot of good coaches not a lot of great coaches. I would include BP as a good coach. Nick Sabin, Meyer, Spurrier are guys that I think are great over the long haul but none have sustained success like TO, Bowdon, or Bryant did over a long haul. All have had that 8-5 or worse mixed season mixed into things.

Nebraska will have good recruiting years, but they never will have a string of top 10 classes in a row like many think we can. Logistically it is just not going to happen. NU could win the national title next year and Half the SEC schools OSU, Texas and Oklahoma would still out recruit them in the spring of that year.

I missed the part where I said coaching didn't matter.

I've been really impressed with the strong start to the 2015 recruiting class. I think it can turn into a top 10-15 class on its current trajectory, and I don't think that's in any way beyond realistic most years.

It's also the first recruiting season maybe ever for these guys that didn't resemble a guy cramming for his finals a week out and then trying to get people to be proud of his B-/C+

It's also the first season we've had some of the resources we've been lacking.

We seem to agree that everything from here on is gravy for the Husker basketball season and Tim Miles.

I think the next season is gravy for Bo Pelini.

After the Iowa loss and Georgia win, there is nowhere to go but up, down and sideways. The bridges have been burned, Husker nation stands divided, expectations are all over the place.

I think Bo gets the make it or break it stakes for next season and will be playing it fast and loose with house money. If he's on a PR mission right now, it's working. Anyone who's drinking Kool-Aid has added a jigger of Stoli. If I only had one bet, my bet is that next season won't be boring.

I have lost all desire to predict or judge or look longingly at rival coaches. Bo Pelini is my coach. For next season. After that, who knows.

I'm all in.

Like every year.

• Fire 3