Battle for the Starting Safety Spots

Anyone know anything about Alexander maybe being in trouble? Saw a reference to it on another sight, trying to determine the level of smoke.

He is right there in the picture posted so I would guess no? Pelini mentioned a hammy injury for the reason he missed some of practice yesterday.

He was dressed and did some position-specific work so I wouldn't think so either.

I just don't see anyone taking Cooper's spot right away. Maybe after the season starts, but his experience and ability to be a proven tackler is going to land him the #1 spot. Its going to take on the field experience for him to lose it.

Who's saying Cooper is in any danger of losing his spot?

I just don't see anyone taking Cooper's spot right away. Maybe after the season starts, but his experience and ability to be a proven tackler is going to land him the #1 spot. Its going to take on the field experience for him to lose it.

There are a lot of posts in this thread saying they want Gerry and Alexander to start. That would mean that Cooper would be losing his spot.

I don't think Cooper is in danger of losing his starting job. The coaches think highly of him, as a leader of the defense.

There are a lot of posts in this thread saying they want Gerry and Alexander to start. That would mean that Cooper would be losing his spot.

I don't think Cooper is in danger of losing his starting job. The coaches think highly of him, as a leader of the defense.

Alright, must have missed/forgotten those posts. IMO only Gregory has a better hold on his starting spot than Cooper. Only an injury will see him lose his spots.

You can pen in 4 starters (if healthy) on defense right now, Gregory, Valentine, Mitchell and Cooper. Collins could be as well but I'm not 100% on that one lol.

I would pencil in Anderson and McMullen too. Anderson seems like he has his spot locked down and Rose, Santos and Bando are battling for the other two. McMullen from all accounts is head over heals ahead of the backups at DE.

You can pen in 4 starters (if healthy) on defense right now, Gregory, Valentine, Mitchell and Cooper. Collins could be as well but I'm not 100% on that one lol.

I would pencil in Anderson and McMullen too. Anderson seems like he has his spot locked down and Rose, Santos and Bando are battling for the other two. McMullen from all accounts is head over heals ahead of the backups at DE.
Charles Jackson can be penciled in as well!

Charles Jackson can be penciled in as well!

Ya, I just didn't include him because it isn't a natural starting position. But I agree.