Huskers vs. Baylor in NCAA Tournament

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 26s

Baylor’s Rico Gathers: “Nebraska hasn’t faced a whole lot of zone…barely any at all in the Big Ten…so we expect to give them problems."

This has me nervous, but conversely, I think our team is built to be successful against the zone. We've got two exceptional driver/slasher guards that have big size advantage to get inside and collapse their defense down, and we've got the guys to hit the shots if they're playing to their potential, including a big who can kill them from deep.

Baylor’s Rico Gathers: “Nebraska hasn’t faced a whole lot of zone…barely any at all in the Big Ten…so we expect to give them problems."

This has me nervous, but conversely, I think our team is built to be successful against the zone. We've got two exceptional driver/slasher guards that have big size advantage to get inside and collapse their defense down, and we've got the guys to hit the shots if they're playing to their potential, including a big who can kill them from deep.

While true, their zone is a lot like syracuse in which they tweek it to cover shooters. The best thing is side to side ball movement which isn't an overly big strength of NU. They try to overload one side of the zone making it easier for long athletic guys to cover.

The biggest thing in regards to attacking the rim will be how the game is officiated. These early games are really letting them play inside and when TP or Shavon are attacking but not making their shots or getting calls they have tendencies to sip attacking as much. And that spells trouble.

I think we will be fine as long as we are shooting well. TP and Ray could light them up and we could be fine I'll take our zone over their zone any day of the week.