Huskers vs. Baylor in NCAA Tournament

This is hard game to compare as the Big 12 does not play defense like in the Big 10, excluding Iowa.

I think it will be interesting to see how the officiating impacts the game because of this fact.

Especially after watching Ohio State get away with numerous "over the back offensive rebounds".......

This is hard game to compare as the Big 12 does not play defense like in the Big 10, excluding Iowa.

I think it will be interesting to see how the officiating impacts the game because of this fact.

Especially after watching Ohio State get away with numerous "over the back offensive rebounds".......

You know there's no such thing?

You know there's no such thing?

hmmm..........explanation please.......

http://youth.usab.com/training-room/officials/officials-guide-secction-15-seven-basketball-rules-myths.htm

4. "Over the back" is a foul. Reality: Similar to the reaching in myth, there must be contact to have a foul. Coaches holler for over the back fouls when their shorter player has seemingly better inside rebounding position and the ball is snared by a taller opponent from behind. Penalize illegal contact; don't penalize a player for being tall.

http://youth.usab.co...rules-myths.htm

4. "Over the back" is a foul. Reality: Similar to the reaching in myth, there must be contact to have a foul. Coaches holler for over the back fouls when their shorter player has seemingly better inside rebounding position and the ball is snared by a taller opponent from behind. Penalize illegal contact; don't penalize a player for being tall.

I'm not referencing "Over the Back" in a pristine manner where a taller player is penalized because of a vertical genetic advantage. I'm talking about that same player contacting/shoving/out-wrestling a well-positioned player who has established himself and is physically brutalized without the ref seeming to note it or care about it.

They don't have pure shooters like we have seen in B1G but their big's get a lot of 2nd and 3rd shots (points).

Perhaps not plural but Heslip shoots over 47% on nearly seven three point attempts per game so I'd say that's a pretty pure shooter.

True Mav, I was speaking from a individual (points scored per game perspective) not accuracy alone...

However he averages under 12 points per game!

They all get in the act it appears and if you watched them this season, they get those second and third shots around the rim off of their initial missed shots and or they have a guy going to the hoop all the time for backdoor slams!

stats here:

http://www.teamranki...or-bears/roster

From browsing Baylor boards really quick they seem to think the teams matchup pretty well.

The key to the game for us will be being able to get penetration and good help defense. Our guards match up well on offense and defense against theirs, and their bigs matchup the same way against us.

From browsing Baylor boards really quick they seem to think the teams matchup pretty well.

The key to the game for us will be being able to get penetration and good help defense. Our guards match up well on offense and defense against theirs, and their bigs matchup the same way against us.

In some ways, I think it might be a little like Wisconsin in that we will have to double down on the bigs on almost every possession (except not leaving Heslip) so Baylor's PG / Forward will be the ones determining things if they hit shots or not. Baylor will be tougher to rebound against then Wisconsin was on the defensive end, so we might have to give up a little transition opportunity to avoid a lot of offensive rebounds.