Fightin' Erstads vs Creighton

Good lord Creighton's players were annoying as all get out

could you elaborate? I didn't see the game.

They make a lot of noise from their dugout. Constant, loud gibberish whenever they're at bat.

A lot of noise is an understatement.

They were literally screaming on every hit or strike/out by their team. One guy in particular wailing, "OH YERRRHHHHH" every single time.

Good lord Creighton's players were annoying as all get out

could you elaborate? I didn't see the game.

They make a lot of noise from their dugout. Constant, loud gibberish whenever they're at bat.

A lot of noise is an understatement.

They were literally screaming on every hit or strike/out by their team. One guy in particular wailing, "OH YERRRHHHHH" every single time.

I went to the Dairy Queen Classic in Minneapolis a couple of years ago when Nebraska played there. My seats were right above the Husker dugout. They were doing the same thing. It was kind of cool at first but when it continued, it got very irritating. Not sure if they still do it but I think it is rather common for college teams.

I went to the Dairy Queen Classic in Minneapolis a couple of years ago when Nebraska played there. My seats were right above the Husker dugout. They were doing the same thing. It was kind of cool at first but when it continued, it got very irritating. Not sure if they still do it but I think it is rather common for college teams.

This. And if they *didn't* do this, people would be on the boards lambasting Coach Erstad for having a team with no energy or interest in the game.

Regardless, excellent win by DoNU tonight. This is the mental toughness that was lacking at this time last season...and even a few weeks ago. Here's hoping this is how they play for the rest of the season and tourney.

Not sure if they still do it but I think it is rather common for college teams.

College softball teams maybe :lol:

I think there's a pretty obvious difference between being vocal and enthused and just being obnoxious douches for the sake of being obnoxious. You can have elements of both mixed in there, and I guess I can't say I've seen the Huskers play on the road, but it was pretty dumb.

Not sure if they still do it but I think it is rather common for college teams.

College softball teams maybe :lol:

I think there's a pretty obvious difference between being vocal and enthused and just being obnoxious douches for the sake of being obnoxious. You can have elements of both mixed in there, and I guess I can't say I've seen the Huskers play on the road, but it was pretty dumb.

I agree. Like I said, there enthusiasm was nice at the beginning. Plus they were playing in front of like 300 people inside the Metrodome so any noise was good noise so you didn't feel like you were in a cave. But after a while it started to grate on me. But if that's what a team needs to do to get up for a game, I guess who am I to tell them different.

Just a little info about that game:

The Huskers were down 2-4 in the bottom of the 9th. They scored 2 runs to tie it and then Rich Sanguinetti hit a 2 run walk off HR to win the game.

Kyle Kubat threw a ball to my son and then signed it for him after the game. My son, who says he is a Gophers fan, still calls Kubat his favorite baseball player.

After the game, kids were allowed to go down on the field and get instruction from the tournaments 4 teams players and coaches. My son got a great picture taken with Husker coaches and players afterward. They were very appreciative of the fan support Husker fans brought and thanked me for bringing my son to the game.