Blackshirt Linebackers

Pelini expects Zaire Anderson to be an every-down guy this year (WILL). Says he's been the most consistant LB all spring.

It seems like Bando pretty much has a starting spot, it's just a matter of where. That means either Santos starts at BUCK with Bando at MIKE or Bando at BUCK with Rose at MIKE. Up to those two to fight it out - or possibly which combination works better. Even if Bando starts at BUCK, he has been moving to MIKE in the Nickel (BUCK usually comes off the field).

No offense to Santos but I'd much rather see a Rose/Bando/Anderson combo.

I'm a little surprised to be honest. I really thought Santos came on well last year after moving back outside. Anderson played well too but I thought Santos had settled into the WILL spot. Given Anderson at WILL, I agree that I'd like to see Bando and Rose out there a lot.

Linebacker Michael Rose: Whether Rose always nails it in practice, he brings it for games. He was the top run-stuffing linebacker Saturday. Zaire Anderson looked best on the blitz. Anderson is the top overall linebacker heading into the fall, with Rose, Josh Banderas and David Santos in a jumble.

OWH

• Fire 1

God, reading through these position threads just makes me feel like this team is seriously on an upswing. We have finally fully restocked the talent cupboard that Callahan left bare on the defensive side! The only important starters we lost were Ciante and Ankrah, and they both had penchants for underachieving and the occasional blown assignment. Ankrah did turn it on at the end of the year last year, but I don't think he ever lived up to his potential. Recruiting rankings have really skewed the way we view guys' careers vs. the expectations we had for them before they ever stepped on campus.

Anyway, the secondary looked great Saturday, the linebackers are legitimately 4-5 deep in capable starters with some athelticism sprinkled in (Newby/Love off the edge), and of course the DL has Collins, VV, Curry, Maurice, possibly Williams, and of course... King Gregory.

If this D finds a way to start generating some turnovers and the offense gets out of its own way-- and holds on to the ball-- look out for the Huskers this year!!

tumblr_inline_myycka6kC81qb7qbj.jpg

We have finally fully restocked the talent cupboard that Callahan left bare on the defensive side!

Ndamukong-Suh.jpg

The only important starters we lost were Ciante and Ankrah.

507f7c352bf34.preview-620.jpg

If this D finds a way to start generating some turnovers and the offense gets out of its own way-- and holds on to the ball-- look out for the Huskers this year!!

I agree!

• Fire 3

God, reading through these position threads just makes me feel like this team is seriously on an upswing. We have finally fully restocked the talent cupboard that Callahan left bare on the defensive side! The only important starters we lost were Ciante and Ankrah, and they both had penchants for underachieving and the occasional blown assignment. Ankrah did turn it on at the end of the year last year, but I don't think he ever lived up to his potential. Recruiting rankings have really skewed the way we view guys' careers vs. the expectations we had for them before they ever stepped on campus.

Anyway, the secondary looked great Saturday, the linebackers are legitimately 4-5 deep in capable starters with some athelticism sprinkled in (Newby/Love off the edge), and of course the DL has Collins, VV, Curry, Maurice, possibly Williams, and of course... King Gregory.

Ndamukong Suh, Prince Amukamara, Barry Turner, Pierre Allen, and Eric Hagg would like a word with you.

• Fire 1

Ndamukong Suh, Prince Amukamara, Barry Turner, Pierre Allen, and Eric Haag would like a word with you.

Fair Nuff. Guess I forgot those guys because they were Callahan's recruits.