This years JUCO's....

chuckd

I'm not sure if this has been posted or noted yet, but as I was looking around at Rivals I noticed that ALL 8 of our JUCO players this year are rated in their Top 100 JUCO players.

I know some people really don't like JUCO's but I think this shows that at least we are getting the best that the junior colleges have to offer.

Again, sorry if this has been talked about before, but I thought it was worth mentioning along with all the other talk of JUCO's that has been going on.

Rivals 2006 Top 100 JUCO's

Andre Jones - #4

Kenny Willson - #8

Maurice Purify - #16

Ashlee Palmer - #37

Carl Nicks - #41

Steve Allen - #44

Victory Haines - #77

Brandon Johnson - #84

Couldn't agree more..... I am not sure why so many people dislike the JUCO route... I personally feel if you can land 5-8 top notch JUCO guys a year, there is nothing wrong with that... You are still getting approx. 14-20 high school kids.

I have said it before, I hate those KSU bast@rds, but hey, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe they made a living in the top 5-10 each year for awhile with JUCO recruits.... KSU fell off when coaches left, not because of the JUCO curse.

Zac Taylor, Steve Octavien, Zac Bowman.... keep bringing these guys in.... I dont give a crap what anyone says.

The problem with Jucos nowadays is that the NCAA has banned partial qualifiers (you know, the type KState use to get under snyder). Now that schools are only allowed 1 partial qualifier, they have been forced to recruit high school kids. Hence the reason why KSU has had a dropoff the last 2 years when the rule went into effect. It's not that Snyder couldn't recruit anymore (if anyone believes that, you need to stop watching college football), it's that KSU is no longer able to stockpile JUCO's who are all talent and no brain.

It would have been nice to have Zac Taylor for four years but when a juco can step in and do what hes done, I say theres nothing wrong with bring a few in each year if we need to add depth. These kids have to step up and play as hard as they can to get into the starting line up or get as much playing time as they can if they are going to get a chance to play at the next level. So I would think they might even work a little harder than a Freshman that has 4 years to get his game together. IMHO

GBR!!!

I'm not sure if this has been posted or noted yet, but as I was looking around at Rivals I noticed that ALL 8 of our JUCO players this year are rated in their Top 100 JUCO players.

I know some people really don't like JUCO's but I think this shows that at least we are getting the best that the junior colleges have to offer.

Again, sorry if this has been talked about before, but I thought it was worth mentioning along with all the other talk of JUCO's that has been going on.

Rivals 2006 Top 100 JUCO's

Andre Jones - #4

Kenny Willson - #8

Maurice Purify - #16

Ashlee Palmer - #37

Carl Nicks - #41

Steve Allen - #44

Victory Haines - #77

Brandon Johnson - #84

yeah but wasn't bowman #1 rated last year? He was just average this year.

Pat Ricketts average or Lornell McPherson in 04 average?

Bowman picked up his game steadily from game 1 to game 12. I thought he played well against Michigan.

Anyway, like these guys said JUCO's are really the only attempt college football teams have in terms of a "quick fix". It's not like you can sign free agents.....

Can you just go to the colorado board. That is seriously some stupid stuff. Yes he didnt start...but he improved and improved more as the season went along.

If you dont see that you should rewatch all the games.

He will be a huge asset next year to have for sure.

yeah but wasn't bowman #1 rated last year?  He was just average this year.

Pat Ricketts average or Lornell McPherson in 04 average?

Bowman picked up his game steadily from game 1 to game 12. I thought he played well against Michigan.

Anyway, like these guys said JUCO's are really the only attempt college football teams have in terms of a "quick fix". It's not like you can sign free agents.....

your right, he was about like a pat ricketts or mcpherson average. I agree he improved somewhat but by far not what I call a huge impact or a difference maker.

Bowman is already far better than Ricketts ever was. Ricketts was always daydreaming about playing on the same high school team as Eric Crouch and would come back to reality in time to get burned. McPherson showed promise which he never lived up to. Hopefully Bowman will continue to improve. With Coz back next year he should continue to get more comfortable with the system.

your right, he was about like a pat ricketts or mcpherson average.  I agree he improved somewhat but by far not what I call a huge impact or a difference maker.

You crack me up. I don't wanna know what some of those Michigan receivers would have done if he wasn't on the field. Was there a completion thrown against him in that game? I'll have to bust out my Alamo Bowl DVD from huskervideos.com. I doubt Ricketts or McPherson woud have made that INT.

So, Benard, how do you ascertain whether a corner has had a good game? Number of INT's? In that case, yea, he didn't have many. Could be because he was covering his guy well and the QB wasn't that dumb.

So, Benard, how do you ascertain whether a corner has had a good game? Number of INT's? In that case, yea, he didn't have many. Could be because he was covering his guy well and the QB wasn't that dumb.

Case in point. ISU this year Bylthe with Bowman covering him the whole game 3 catches for 51 yards 0 TDs. Last year against Fabian and Little Lornell 8 catches for 188 yards and 1 TD. Which did a better job against one of the top receivers in the conference?

Bowman played most of the first part of the season with a bad hamstring and bum knee. He pretty much shut the CU and MU receivers he covered down. Not to mention against MU he had three of the bigger defensive plays of that game. The INT, the pass break-up on the goal line and the game saving tackle.