Vucetic, Hawkins and Wagner Leaving the Program

Even less depth. Probably need to hit the Juco trail for another guy for next season.

Yes and No.

Vucetic wasnt ever going to play

Hawkins will be replaced by Fuller who redshirted.

two more Schollies--- They can go to adding a couple bigs and using the other schollie to get another wing.

Total sidebar but I'm pumped for fuller. Watching him shoot pregame just put a smile on my face.

I expected Hawkins and big V to transfer, more so big V. Unfortunately not the fit for Vucetic. Hawkins could have made an impact but I guess he just didn't find the Nebraska mold. A little surprised Wagner is transferring though. The redshirt was pretty obvious and with departures from Ray and Biggs he could have gotten a long look at least.

Oh well, best of luck to all three of them

No Div 1 player should ever have the goal of being a bench nonplayer in my opinion. While there can be some satisfaction in being a practice player, you eventually should want to be in a position of wanting to contribute on wed night and satur/sunday afternoon. If the handwriting is on the wall then make the move and be a player at another school. I thank the 3 guys for what they contributed and hope this transfer brightens their future.

I expected Hawkins and big V to transfer, more so big V. Unfortunately not the fit for Vucetic. Hawkins could have made an impact but I guess he just didn't find the Nebraska mold. A little surprised Wagner is transferring though. The redshirt was pretty obvious and with departures from Ray and Biggs he could have gotten a long look at least.

Oh well, best of luck to all three of them

The Wagner one surprises me but he must have just saw with our offense he would be able to see time...

I was excited to have him and Fuller jacking up 3's for us.

Shields/Petteway drive, kick it out.. SWIISSSSS

So, that leaves us with 4 scholarships to use next year...correct? Three will be used by Smith, Pinder and Hammond so we can go get one more recruit....correct?

I think we have five. The two recent openings plus Gallegos, Peltz and Biggs. Smith and Hammond are two of the. Pinder is 2015.

So, that leaves us with 4 scholarships to use next year...correct? Three will be used by Smith, Pinder and Hammond so we can go get one more recruit....correct?

I think we have five. The two recent openings plus Gallegos, Peltz and Biggs. Smith and Hammond are two of the. Pinder is 2015.

We have 5 total schollies available- two are taken(Hammond/Smith) 3 are open. Pinder counts towards the 2015 count and i believe we have 2 schollies coming open(Rivers/Smith graduating). So 1 open for 2015 but with the turnover rate, i wouldnt be shocked to see us have more.

I heard we were looking at 5 yr. Seniors who have graduated. Immediate impact, one & done.

I think we would take anyone who is willing, but just gotta wonder what skill level we would get for that.

I think Juco is where you will see them lean more. Maybe take ona transfer even if they have to sit out a year.

I read an article that stated transfers are the new recruiting method in basketball and that Iowa State & UConn had both picked up a Srs. for 1 year that impacted their team. Since our JR. class is so big, I think we need to watch JUCOs, unless they redshirt or come in as SOs. If not, we mighthave to replace 6 or 7 players in one year.

• 2 weeks later...