A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

Golden has lost almost all his games against the top 30, something along the lines of 42-10.

At Miami, Golden is 3/9 against top 25 teams. ----- 33%.

At Nebraska, Pelini is 8/23 against top 25 teams. ---35%

(Feel free to double check, math has never been my strong suit. I didn't use top 30 because the rankings weren't listed beyond top 25 on the site that I was using.)

Okay?

Golden has lost almost all his games against the top 30, something along the lines of 42-10.

(Feel free to double check, math has never been my strong suit. I didn't use top 30 because the rankings weren't listed beyond top 25 on the site that I was using.)

Okay?

My lands Bo only has 8 wins against top 25 teams, aka, his "peers?"

That's........that's really bad.

• Fire 3

Okay?

K, but I wasn't talking about Bo. I mean, i know you have such a hard-on for turning every conversation into a "why I don't like Bo Pelini" thread, but let's stay on track. I also some of you are a one trick pony and can only talk about one thing on here, but let's try to broaden our horizons a bit, k?

• Fire 1

8-23 isnt good by any means. But these are also against some teams that finished the year unranked/ranked higher, as well as victories over teams that were just shy being ranked/finished ranked. Its a nify stat if you want to show Bo in a negative way. And its okay to say we win 9 games a year. Same kind of stat.

Im looking at the gray area, the portion not measured by legit stats and those other "stats. The gray area for 2014 looks pretty good, the gray area from last year also doesnt look too shabby.

Okay?

Does Golden's record matter or not? You brought it up . . . and I assumed that you had a reason for doing so.

Okay?

Does Golden's record matter or not? You brought it up . . . and I assumed that you had a reason for doing so.

Yes, I did. He's gotten crushed by teams with a pulse in the crappy ACC.

Not sure what it had to do with Bo.

Okay?

This doesn't surprise me because cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.

• Fire 2

8-23 isnt good by any means. But these are also against some teams that finished the year unranked/ranked higher, as well as victories over teams that were just shy being ranked/finished ranked. Its a nify stat if you want to show Bo in a negative way. And its okay to say we win 9 games a year. Same kind of stat.

Im looking at the gray area, the portion not measured by legit stats and those other "stats. The gray area for 2014 looks pretty good, the gray area from last year also doesnt look too shabby.

Bo's record against teams that finished the year ranked is 8-18. Still poor, but not as much so.

I don't have a point.

• Fire 2

No, actually I was referring to the fact that we weren't discussing Bo Pelini, but you felt the need to derail the subject into a dead horse topic. Not surprised though.

No, actually I was referring to the fact that we weren't discussing Bo Pelini, but you felt the need to derail the subject into a dead horse topic. Not surprised though.

Anyways. I happen to agree that Al Golden's record against top 25 teams isn't impressive.

Ahem.

Going by finished rankings (which takes away Miami's wins as posted earlier, as it included a highly ranked Florida team that would slide to 4-8...)

2013 Miami 9-4

#1/1 at Florida State(14-0) L 14-41

#22/23 at Duke(10-4) L 30-48

#15/15 vs Louisville(12-1) L 9-36

2012 Miami 7-5

#11/12 at Kansas State(11-2) L 13-52

#3/4 at Notre Dame(12-1) L 3-41

#8/10 at Florida State(12-2) L 20-33

2011 Miami 6-6

#16/15 Kansas State(10-3) L 24-28

#17/21 at Virginia Tech(11-3) L 35-38

#23/23 at Florida State(9-4) L 19-23

2013 Nebraska 9-4

#16/16 UCLA(10-3) L 21-41

#3/3 Michigan State(13-1) L 28-41

2012 Nebraska 10-4 #23/25

#23/NR Wisconsin(8-6) W 30-27

NR/#3 at Ohio State(12-0) L 38-63

NR/#24 Michigan(8-5) W 23-9

#16/17 at Northwestern(10-3) W 29-28

#23/NR vs Wisconsin(8-6) L 31-70

#4/5 vs Georgia(12-2) L 31-45

2011 Nebraska 9-4 #24/24

#11/10 at Wisconsin(11-3) L 17-48

#10/11 Michigan State(11-3) W 24-3

#9/12 at Michigan(11-2) L 17-45

#8/9 vs South Carolina(11-2) L 13-30

Nebraska 2011-2013 4-8, average rank* #13.1 average score 25.2 - 37.5, average rank of victory #19.1, average rank of defeat #10.0, average opp. record 10.4-3.0, average opp. record in victory 9.3-4.3, average opp. record in defeat 11.0 - 2.4, average score in victory 26.5 - 16.8, average score in defeat 24.5 - 47.9, losses of three scores or more 6 (50% of all games), wins of three scores or more 1

Miami 2011-2013 0-9, average rank #13.3, average score 18.6 - 37.8, average rank of victory N/A, average opp.record 11.2-2.2, average opp.record in victory N/A, losses of three scores or more 5 (56% of all games)

* average rank: NR = 26, except for Ohio State, which is counted as another #3

Nebraska with a clear edge in performance (although this conclusion could also have been drawn simply by comparing season records).

Okay?

K, but I wasn't talking about Bo. I mean, i know you have such a hard-on for turning every conversation into a "why I don't like Bo Pelini" thread, but let's stay on track. I also some of you are a one trick pony and can only talk about one thing on here, but let's try to broaden our horizons a bit, k?

Would you like to get really broad and discuss duplicity and irony then? Because you have them down whether you know it or not.