A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

franklin would have been exciting. he seems to be a good recruiter. also, if he went to psu, i would like to think he would have came here.

Franklin is from Pennsylvania, it was a home coming for him.

i've never met someone from pennsylvania who wanted to go back to pennsylvania.

Thanks.

Bo's maybe just bad at communicating it. The brand plugging lately has been "I don't apologize for who I am" and "The bad media/bad fans are hurting this program" and the defensiveness is defining. That's necessitated the PR offensive this spring to showcase all the good things that Bo does do, and I the logical next step from there is to move on and start communicating what he expects his teams to be all about.

The problem is that stuff can fall on deaf ears right now. If he actually spent that much time talking about instilling toughness and playing great defense (he does, but not to the point where he's visibly defining the program around it), how many people would just say "Whatever, man, show it on the field." It's a position of his own creation to be sure, but it's not an easy one to be in. He can do everything right but because we're seven years in now, it's tough to effect a shift in tone without the play preceding the talk.

So now Bo has no vision. :facepalm:

Prove me wrong. What's the one thing?

Well are we talking about vision or are we talking about production?

If the former, then good defense predicated upon suffocating secondary play as well as running the football well are both very much a part of Bo's vision.

• Fire 2

If the former, then good defense predicated upon suffocating secondary play as well as running the football well are both very much a part of Bo's vision.

Exactly!!!

Hmmm, the closest thing I've ever heard.....kudos.

We can agree to disagree on the -suffocating- play and the constant good defense.......and he might need to follow TWOS advice on what to say to Tim Beck every now and again...

(But I never accused you of not knowing...no fair doing other people's work)

I see UConn got two pretty good coaches. A close parallel to Nebraska as far as recruiting. Truly in the middle of a field, down a 45 mile two lane road with no city, just campus.

How do they recruit to this area, how did they draw good coaches to this area?

UConn proves to me, we can do what needs to be done. Gino stated last night that every single person from the janitors to the chancellor work 365 days a year for the basketball teams. Total endorsement, top to bottom.

We do not have that now on the football side, but seem to on the basketball side. A true search was made for Miles, not so much for Bo. If we run a search for a football coach, my feelings are it will be the same type we did for the basketball program. The coach needs to fit the job, the university and its roots. Bo never has.

• Fire 1

Make a change at the head coaching level.

to who?

This never ceases to crack me up. Fire Bo, get him outta here, but never who are you going to replace him with. Is it easy to say you want to fire somebody, but it's a hell of a lot harder to figure out a realistic replacement...

Kirby Smart. Not the only option, and likely not the best option, but I'd make that trade today. That's the first one that came to mind.

Would he be better? I don't know. No one does. What I do know is that I'm ready for a change.

Trade one DC (with no head coaching experience) from a highly ranked SEC team for another?

DWBrilliant.gif

I'm confused, is this an admission that Bo Pelini was a bad hire?

Wait, you think it was a bad hire?

I see UConn got two pretty good coaches. A close parallel to Nebraska as far as recruiting. Truly in the middle of a field, down a 45 mile two lane road with no city, just campus.

UConn proves to me, we can do what needs to be done. Gino stated last night that every single person from the janitors to the chancellor work 365 days a year for the basketball teams. Total endorsement, top to bottom.

We do not have that now on the football side, but seem to on the basketball side. A true search was made for Miles, not so much for Bo. If we run a search for a football coach, my feelings are it will be the same type we did for the basketball program. The coach needs to fit the job, the university and its roots. Bo never has.

Basketball recruiting is a totally different animal from football. One great player can completely elevate your program. Not so much in football.

Basketball recruiting is a totally different animal from football. One great player can completely elevate your program. Not so much in football.

Connecticut has roughly triple the population of Nebraska. And UConn is much closer to large population centers than Lincoln.

• Fire 1
Miami's offense remains in major flux as the Hurricanes' spring practice ended Saturday with a controlled scrimmage in front of 12,000-plus. Since fifth-year senior quarterback Ryan Williams tore his ACL in practice — his mom, Jayne, told the Miami Herald last week he wants to return for the Sept. 20 Nebraska game — the Hurricanes have been working redshirt freshman Kevin Olsen and sophomore Gray Crow as the top quarterbacks. According to the Herald, the two combined to complete 16 of 41 passes for 128 yards and two interceptions in the 11-on-11 part of Miami's scrimmage.

OWH