Possible transfers/late additions to fill 3 spots

Here is what I found. New to US basketball and had problems with fouling. According to the Georgetown website, Moses established himself as a reliable bench option due to his hard nosed defense and energy around the rim.

Miles is looking for a quick fix and to add depth down below. He is a one & done. I like this kid as he has a long wing span and he would be back with the coach that recruited him to Georgetown. It also allows us to ease Hammond into the lineup.

The one & done players are starting to be more prevalent, as I heard that Iowa St. & UConn both had such a player this year.

Here is what I found. New to US basketball and had problems with fouling. According to the Georgetown website, Moses established himself as a reliable bench option due to his hard nosed defense and energy around the rim.

Miles is looking for a quick fix and to add depth down below. He is a one & done. I like this kid as he has a long wing span and he would be back with the coach that recruited him to Georgetown. It also allows us to ease Hammond into the lineup.

The one & done players are starting to be more prevalent, as I heard that Iowa St. & UConn both had such a player this year.

That's interesting. The question that comes to my mind then is....if he wasn't good enough to see the court at UConn, is he good enough to be of great value here? At least the stats that I am seeing shows that it's not a situation where he played but not very much. It looks like he NEVER saw the court after the 2010-2011 season. That's two full seasons not seeing the court at all.

That's interesting. The question that comes to my mind then is....if he wasn't good enough to see the court at UConn, is he good enough to be of great value here? At least the stats that I am seeing shows that it's not a situation where he played but not very much. It looks like he NEVER saw the court after the 2010-2011 season. That's two full seasons not seeing the court at all.

I do see your point, but I trust this coaching staff to have good eyes and make good decisions regarding our needs. I don't think that Petteway and Pitchford had great stats or a lot of minutes at their prior schools, yet look what happened once we nabbed them. Due to his history of being the HC of minor colleges, Coach Miles has had to make a career out of working twice as hard to find talent that runs under the radar, unlike having it served up on a silver platter like a Calipari at Kentucky. He must see something that makes him feel that this guy will be able to fill the hole while we get Hammond coached up to Big Ten speed. I'll admit that on first glance his stats don't appear to be the greatest, but as I said, neither were the stats of our other transfers before coming here. If our new, defensively-minded assistant coach can help clean up his foul issues, he could be a real force for us around the rim next year. I'm stoked for our future!

He did not play for UConn! UConn & Iowa St picked up one & done players that made their team stonger.

He tore an ACL his SO year.

We ran out of gas this last year. Our bench was too thin & small. We need immediate help at C & PF and Hammond as a freshman is not the answer. As with HS & JUCO players, you see that it takes a year to play D1. This guy is already there, as he played behind some good talent. He is not a scorer, but he is a defensive player who blocks shots. Just because to does not have great stats does not mean he is not a good player. This guy has 4 years of experience with a good team, nice size and a long wing span. He is exactly what this team needs: post defensive and an aggressive rebounder. This addition will also allow Pitchford to play PF, not center.

He did not play for UConn! UConn & Iowa St picked up one & done players that made their team stonger.

He tore an ACL his SO year.

I meant to say "Georgetown".

Thanks for the info on his ACL. That explains some of it.

Yeah. Thanks for all the info. I really find it interesting watching or reading about the work Miles and Co. are putting in. They in just a couple years are in on some talent that we weren't even close to during the Doc era. As far as this kid not playing much, I just go back and look at Pichford, Pettaway, and Smith and how Improved they were throughout the season. And, now with the new addition and defensive mind incoach Mollinari I think we will be good.

I'd prefer Deng over the guy from GTown, but what do I know.

I have nothing against Deng, but we need immediate help next year. Jucos are like HS players, as they play on a lower level. On most accounts, they need a year to get use to speed. These are not 5 star players. Ayebga is already playing in the big league, Deng is a good athlete playing class D competition. And there is a question whether he will be ready to play due to his ankle. We need 2 bigs. I think Deng is worth it, if he has 3 years to play 2.

I actually forgot about Deng Deng. I think with his injury we would need both. If he broke his ankle it may take him a while to heal. Or if we would get Morrow then one or the other either way we need to be able to give Hammond a year to get acclimated.

Morrow wouldnt affect our scholarship #'s till 2015.

Deng Deng might redshirt/ if he doesnt, he has 2 years.

3 spots will be a mix of this i am guessing: 1 year guy(Moses)/ Juco/transfer who can play now/ guy who sits out a year(Transfer/Freshman/injured guy)

I actually forgot about Deng Deng. I think with his injury we would need both. If he broke his ankle it may take him a while to heal. Or if we would get Morrow then one or the other either way we need to be able to give Hammond a year to get acclimated.

Morrow wouldnt affect our scholarship #'s till 2015.

Deng Deng might redshirt/ if he doesnt, he has 2 years.

3 spots will be a mix of this i am guessing: 1 year guy(Moses)/ Juco/transfer who can play now/ guy who sits out a year(Transfer/Freshman/injured guy)

I agree. With some extra openings now, not sure why we couldn't take both.

No breaking news came out of Nebraska's weekend of basketball recruiting visits, but those with knowledge of the events expressed hope of decisions coming soon.

Forward-center Moses Ayegba, an immediately eligible transfer from Georgetown, had a strong visit, though no timeline for a decision is set. His mother from Nigeria also visited Lincoln.

Ayegba will graduate from Georgetown this spring, and has a fifth year of eligibility because he missed 2011-12 after undergoing major knee surgery.

The 6-foot-9, 247-pounder with a 7-4 wingspan averaged 1.9 points, 2.8 rebounds and 0.7 blocks a game for the Hoyas last season in 13.1 minutes played per game. He fouled out of six games, and had four fouls in four others.

OWH