Possible transfers/late additions to fill 3 spots

@RobinWashut: Moses Ayegba has committed to #Nebrasketball

Meh. I'm not that impressed. Pretty much a 5 foul guy that didn't impress in a mid major conference, I highly doubt that he'll make an impact, or even get playing time in a top level conference.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mid major conference? Up until this year he was on a team that played in the best basketball conference in the nation.

Meh. I'm not that impressed. Pretty much a 5 foul guy that didn't impress in a mid major conference, I highly doubt that he'll make an impact, or even get playing time in a top level conference.

I hope I'm wrong.

He will be beneficial if he can just play good defense for 15 min a game and allow Walt to play the 4.

I hope I'm wrong.

I haven't seen any film on him so I can't really say one way or another how good he is. However, Nebraska is never going to be a place like Kentucky. We will never sign five 5-star recruits every year and be a place that always has it's pick of the litter so to speak. Of course we may get lucky and have a year or two where sign maybe one or two of those guys, but it will never be consistent. We will have to be the place that signs a few projects that turn out to be great players after a few years of coaching. Tim Miles will have to actually coach these guys up and develop them into great players fit for his system. From what I have seen, Moses is exactly that. A raw talent with some rough edges that needs to be rounded into shape. He has a lot of potential to grow from what I hear though, so I'm going to trust Miles on this one and be excited that we will have another big guy to work with.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mid major conference? Up until this year he was on a team that played in the best basketball conference in the nation.

That was the old big east, and iirc, the guy didn't play there much. The new big east is nothing more than a mid major no matter how bad Creighton fans think otherwise.

I hope that Suh and gbr93 are correct and I'm wrong.

This is one that I have to trust Miles on. Looking at last year's statistics, it looks like he played in more games than any other center. It looks like he and Smith started off the year splitting time but then all of a sudden Smith stopped playing around Jan 4th. I'm assuming he got hurt.

Moses's minutes picked up from there but his scoring didn't.

I hope we add Deng Deng and Cornish(SG who was released from his letter at Tennessee).

I think we are young and if Deng Deng is healthy he adds a ton...

Still have some depth concerns because i am not sure how much we get out of some of these young guys: Tarin, Cornish, Hammond, Deng Deng right off the bat.

But if you can find someone who can give you meaningful minutes that would be huge. If you think about it, here is who we replace:

Vucetic- Played no minutes/ easily replaced by Hammond who has the potential to play some minutes or even redshirt.

Hawkins- Helped with depth but i think that Tarin Smith will average more minutes while helping backup a position of need. I think Webster slides over to the 2 and gives more meaningful minutes than Hawkins did.

Gallegos- Ray was awful this year. I think a guy like Deng Deng or cornish add more on the Defensive side of the ball and size(if we get either of those guys)

Peltz- Easily replaced by Smith

Wagner- Never played-- replaced by a walk on even.

Not a lot that needs to replaced. Gallegos played some minutes, but i think any of these guys coming in can replace those minutes. Cornish will be a tough get with UCLA and SMU coming on hard.

Deng Deng is ours to lose if Baylor doesnt grab him this weekend on his visit.