The Huskerboard High Culture thread

If there's one thing seeing the Mona Lisa in person taught me, it's that nothing is awesome/amazing/worthy of note. Lots of people may think X or Y is cool, and it may have a great worldwide reputation, but if you don't like it, that's completely cool. Some things just don't impact some people, and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

For me, the coolest thing is stone. I love to touch it - punch it, even - and fell the solidity, the permanence. We toured Begnac castle, and just running my hands along the stone as we passed through was neater than most things we saw in the Louvre.

Like what you like. Don't let anyone else's opinion on something impact your opinions. Your opinion on what you like is more valid than any expert's.

The Hall of Mirrors, Versailles. One of the most, if not the most, impressive sights I have ever seen.

u3VGE5M.jpg

Other Versailles pics.

d7l1Hwl.jpg

uiAaWIh.jpg

YJiyO1h.jpg

From a strictly artsy point I like the works of many of the Italian High Renaissance artists: Michaelangelo, Raphael, da Vinci, Titian, etc.

'Old Books'...sad to say anything other than books we had to read in High School/College I have not really been into it.