2014 NCAA Regional Projections

The latest projection, before this weekend's sweep of penn state, had us as the number 2 seed ( if I am reading this correctly) in the region with Oklahoma state (host), Arkansas, and Creighton. we have already proven we can beat two of these teams already this season. I like the potential matchups.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10861113/breaking-national-seeds

this has Indiana a 7th National seed over the likes of Bama Texas and LSU..... doesnt make much sense to me...........

I don't think the committee looks over polls for the top seed determination. Indiana still has a 2nd ranked RPI i think

I know they have a 2 rpi... it just doesnt seem to make sense that power houses like LSU are not quoted to be a top seed. It just doesnt seem like Indiana should have the number 2 rpi... teams like the SEC and PAC 12 seem to have much tougher conference schedules... and to see Standford not above .500 now... that is a WOW.. then to see LA Lafayette up there is just weird from a historical standpoint.

Either way I hope NU can earn a 2 seed. and make a run!

Ya, I just hope eventually we get back to competing for the national top seeds. We will need to improve SOS though. The Big Ten doesn't help in those respects.

Not yet...but with Indiana becoming a perennial contender, and both Michigan State and Illinois starting to turn things around, things are looking up. Plus Maryland has fielded contenders in the past (this year is rather up and down--lost to scrub teams, but swept Notre Dame). That, plus B1G schools improving their non-conference schedule would go a long way to helping the whole conference out.

It's not going to happen overnight, but the seeds for B1G to be a good conference are there. Not saying the B1G will ever be the best baseball conference, but it can be fifth or sixth on a steady basis (behind the BCS conferences) and continue to put multiple teams into the NCAA Tournament.

College Baseball Daily Regional Report from May 6th:

1. Virginia * (1)
2. Old Dominion
3. Nebraska
4. Army *

In: Arkansas, Arkansas State, Florida International, Kansas, St. John’s, St. Joseph’s, Stanford, UC Irvine

Out: Auburn, High Point, Illinois State, North Carolina, Southern Cal, UC Santa Barbara, VCU, Xavier
So right now, we're a solid lock for the NCAA Tourney. Being at or north of 40 wins (possible w/Tourney play) would help us get a better spot, but what they're projecting isn't too bad...save for having to play Virginia.

1. Virginia * (1)

2. Old Dominion

3. Nebraska

4. Army *

In: Arkansas, Arkansas State, Florida International, Kansas, St. Johns, St. Josephs, Stanford, UC Irvine

Out: Auburn, High Point, Illinois State, North Carolina, Southern Cal, UC Santa Barbara, VCU, Xavier

So right now, we're a solid lock for the NCAA Tourney. Being at or north of 40 wins (possible w/Tourney play) would help us get a better spot, but what they're projecting isn't too bad...save for having to play Virginia.

That would be tough however we have beaten good teams, it just depends whether or not we put a complete performance together.

1. Virginia * (1)

2. Old Dominion

3. Nebraska

4. Army *

In: Arkansas, Arkansas State, Florida International, Kansas, St. Johns, St. Josephs, Stanford, UC Irvine

That would be tough however we have beaten good teams, it just depends whether or not we put a complete performance together.

We do not want to be in the same regional as Virginia. They are probably the team to beat to win it all!