2014 NCAA Regional Projections

This guy from ChasingOmaha.com has us in the Stillwater regional. The teams would be 1) Oklahoma State, 2) Alabama, 3) Nebraska, 4) St. John's.

I don't know what I'd worry more about--Bama using dirty SEC money to throw the regional their way, or Texass using their dirty officials in the area to submarine DoNU out of spite.

I'd like our chances at Virginia better, to be honest. Or better yet, have DoNU win the B1G tourney and possibly get a regional of their own--entirely possible and plausible. Remember--the NCAA wants a reason to have a Lincoln regional, as we're one of the few ballparks that brings fans and makes money. Winning the B1G Tourney would put us in a position to have the NCAA seriously look at us, especially if we're at or north of 40 wins at that point.

Of course, that's looking *WAY* too far ahead. Let's take care of Creighton first, then sweep Illinois.

FWIW, this article has us going to the oxford regional as a #2 seed. other teams are new mexico and south east Missouri state.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10926559/college-baseball-bubble-teams

i was literally just going to post this...

Its amazing how different each "expert" is on this subject.... i guess thats why there is 15 million polls

insight on ole miss

The Rebels have the best record in conference play, but that number is somewhat misleading. Ole Miss is one of six SEC teams in the RPI top 25 but hasn't won a series against any of the others. It lost series to Alabama, LSU and South Carolina and didn't play either Florida or Vanderbilt. Even more troubling is the RPI rank of 15th -- no national seed has been that low since 2009, and an SEC team isn't likely to get the benefit of the doubt in that respect.

FWIW, this article has us going to the oxford regional as a #2 seed. other teams are new mexico and south east Missouri state.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10926559/college-baseball-bubble-teams

Its amazing how different each "expert" is on this subject.... i guess thats why there is 15 million polls

insight on ole miss

The Rebels have the best record in conference play, but that number is somewhat misleading. Ole Miss is one of six SEC teams in the RPI top 25 but hasn't won a series against any of the others. It lost series to Alabama, LSU and South Carolina and didn't play either Florida or Vanderbilt. Even more troubling is the RPI rank of 15th -- no national seed has been that low since 2009, and an SEC team isn't likely to get the benefit of the doubt in that respect.

This could be a decent matchup. Ole Miss needed extras to take the series from a lowly Georgia team this week. However, Ole Miss fans are REALLY into it and after probably LSU, that is the best home field advantage in college baseball. Every homerun is like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_LSYxeJEg

insight on ole miss

This could be a decent matchup. Ole Miss needed extras to take the series from a lowly Georgia team this week. However, Ole Miss fans are REALLY into it and after probably LSU, that is the best home field advantage in college baseball. Every homerun is like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_LSYxeJEg

i dig it. that's pretty cool.

As of April 15th, College Baseball Daily has the Huskers projected to go to the Austin regional as a 3 seed, along wtih Texas (1), Dallas Baptist (2), and Ball State (4).

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2014/04/15/2014-ncaa-regional-projections-april-15th/

Would love to go there and knock out the cows again!!!

By the way, if we do have to go to Texass for the regional...I may have to make the "2009 Big XII Football Regulation Time Conference Champions" t-shirts I've threatened to make...

...but I really hope we don't go there. We'd know those officials would be bought and paid for...

247:

The University of Nebraska has submitted a bid to host an NCAA regional, a university official told HuskersIllustrated.com.

Nebraska improved to 36-17 on the season following a 2-1 win over Illinois on Thursday night, and can clinch at least a No. 2 seed in the Big Ten Tournament with a win on Friday night over the Fighting Illini.
Nebraska hasn't hosted an NCAA regional since 2008, which is also the last time the Huskers made an NCAA Tournament. Nebraska was ranked No. 18 in the country for attendance entering this week's games.

247:

The University of Nebraska has submitted a bid to host an NCAA regional, a university official told HuskersIllustrated.com.

Nebraska improved to 36-17 on the season following a 2-1 win over Illinois on Thursday night, and can clinch at least a No. 2 seed in the Big Ten Tournament with a win on Friday night over the Fighting Illini.
Nebraska hasn't hosted an NCAA regional since 2008, which is also the last time the Huskers made an NCAA Tournament. Nebraska was ranked No. 18 in the country for attendance entering this week's games.

That's exciting, (in Doc Sadler voice)

As of 5-15-2014;

See all here: http://www.chasingomaha.com/college-baseball-news/chasing-omaha-regional-projections-5152014.html

Bloomington Stillwater

1 Indiana (4) 1 Oklahoma State

2 Kentucky 2 Louisville

3 Bryant 3 Nebraska

4 Ball State 4 Creighton

I don't get this--if only two B1G teams make it, why would the NCAA potentially force them to play each other if they win their respective regional series?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rice, Houston, or Ft. Worth, if they're going to force Nebraska to play in (former) Big XII territory.