The Tim Miles rumor thread

He just posted a picture of a uHaul truck on his instagram.

Not sure if srs......... but anyhow, I'd be shocked if he left for Mizzou. I have a feeling that something bad happened there, why would their coach leave for a lesser school? Tennessee, I may be able to see that.

Anyhow, I'd be surprised if he left at this point.

Tennessee is too unstable and quite honestly a sh#t program right now. Mizzou is a little bit more stable but as of now Nebraska has a lot more to offer him. I wouldn't be too worried right now at all.

They're coming off of a sweet sixteen season, I don't think they're a bad program.

Then why did they lose their coach to a team to a team that didn't even make the tourney this past year? I mean it just doesn't make sense why he would leave (to me) when things are going good. I blame that on the program.

If Izzo, Hoiberg, or Billy Donovan jumps to the NBA, what are the chances those teams come after Miles and he would leave for those jobs?

I would think most power conference teams would put out a feel to see if Miles was interested or not, but I don't think Miles would ever think about going to Iowa State or Florida.

Michigan State would be the only one i would consider elite, but i dont think he has a ton more success there than he would have here.

That being said, i doubt Izzo goes NBA.

Hoiberg is the most lkely of those 3 to go to the wolves and would be the most wanted one i think.

Iowa State is not that much better of a job.

Florida is too far away.

The jobs i would be concerned about are: Minnesota/Notre Dame/Kansas

But even that, who knows.

We're going to make this a dream job for Tim; I honestly think that he could very well be a lifer at Nebraska, should he continue his success.

Absolutely. Nebraska has become a destination job. The die hard fanbase, best facilities in the sport, all very close to his home.

Michigan State would be the only one i would consider elite, but i dont think he has a ton more success there than he would have here.

That being said, i doubt Izzo goes NBA.

Hoiberg is the most lkely of those 3 to go to the wolves and would be the most wanted one i think.

Iowa State is not that much better of a job.

Florida is too far away.

The jobs i would be concerned about are: Minnesota/Notre Dame/Kansas

But even that, who knows.

Be concerned about Minnesota? I dont see how that would even be an option for Tim that would be a downgrade for sure. I dont see him leaving unless its a Kansas, N Carolina, Kentuky, Louisville, or some other top tier program. He has the chance here to be the Coach K of Nebraska. He has a chance to be the Tom Osborne of Nebrasketball. Thats alot to pass up to just be the next in line at an elite school.

My status seems to have touched a nerve and it's easier to discuss the stuff in a thread than in a status update.

The evidence:

1. CBS's Tim Brando suggested Miles for the Tennessee job.

2. About an hour ago Kevin Kietzman, host of 810 WHB's Between the Lines (a KC ESPN affiliate) mentioned Miles as a replacement for Frank Haith at Missouri who is reportedly in talks to move to Tulsa.

Discuss and refute away.

A couple notes:

- I never said he was leaving

- I simply said his name is out there which is true.

Ok go.

You lost me at Kevin Kietzman. You should know that man knows nothing other than how to stir the pot.