What's the most controversial loss you've seen for Husker football?

2010 A&M.

The most blatant demostration of rigged officiating I've ever seen in college or professional sports. It made NBA playoff games look like child's play. Bebee and his henchmen refs are disgusting pigs. I hope they never live another day without looking in the mirror and being ashamed at the pathetic "men" they've become.

• Fire 2

-The questionable second put back on at the end. Not just because it was iffy on the video but because it was a questionable video all together. How easily they slapped a makeshift game clock on the replay make me think things weren't as they appeared.

Was it even within the rules to review the clock at that time? I thought they changed the rule because of that game, far after the fact.

I fully anticipate a "aww geez get over it" retort, but that's not what this post is about. I am over it. I'm just curious if what the refs did right there was actually within the rules.

Can anyone expand on this?

They did it last year for Alabama. Just didn't work out for them.

This same topic has been posted in more than two dozen other forums. Are you writing a book, OP?

I've posted it on about 6 boards for a couple of reasons; first to create a collection of great sports debates and secondly I am doing some research on most passionate and articulate fans. One SEC fan group for example cannot seem to manage anything more than one incomplete sentence to state their case chuckleshuffle while others in the BIG and SEC outline their points (in general) in quite good detail.

Definitely 2010 A&M. I really wish it had gone the other way but that's the way the game is sometimes. Aggie fans are great but that game made me hate Von Miller forever. Not because of him but because of his racist, insufferable family we were seated next to. Guilt by association.

Definitely 2010 A&M. I really wish it had gone the other way but that's the way the game is sometimes. Aggie fans are great but that game made me hate Von Miller forever. Not because of him but because of his racist, insufferable family we were seated next to. Guilt by association.

Really? That bad?

Do tell. I've always thought that Von Miller comes off as a pretty good guy, but maybe it's just the glasses he wears that throws me off. What did his family do?

1982 Penn St

The NCG against FSU

2010 TAMU

Huge games determined by horrendous officiating.

^^^^This.

Everyone is talking about the A&M game, which was undoubtedly one of the most bull$h!t games ever, and maybe it's because it is more recent, but terrible calls in the Penn State and Florida State directly cost us National Championships. Much worse and more controversial, imo.

Of course, if we had won that game against FSU, I'm not sure that 94 and 95 would have turned out quite the same, or they would have at least been less compelling. But that game was still horse$h!t.

Really? That bad?

They were awfully rude and quite racist, yes. They were seated right next to our group and tried to force us out of our seats, kept calling us crackers and such and they got super pissed when I had enough of their sh#t and yelled at them that we actually had to use our own money to get the seats we had. Lots of incoherent gibberish from them followed that remark and ushers were called in. Every other A&M fan around us was defending the four Nebraska fans in their section and were yelling at the Miller family to shut up and sit down. There's probably more to it than that but I don't feel like typing it all out. Those were really nice seats, too. Ruined by a bunch of asshats.

Do tell. I've always thought that Von Miller comes off as a pretty good guy, but maybe it's just the glasses he wears that throws me off. What did his family do?

I'm sure he's fine but his family (probably not all of them but definitely the ones we sat next to) deserve a special spot in hell.

Some of those recent games stung too, but 82 Penn State and 93 (season) FSU really hurt since one cost us a shot at a championship game and the other was in a championship game. The FSU game stings a bit less because even if there were bad calls, they just didn't seem blatant to me, plus we did get time back on the clock at the end to try the game winning field goal.

Everything seems to have gravitated toward bad calls, but the loss that stings the most to me by far was the 83 season Orange Bowl vs. Miami. Osborne's decision to go for 2 certainly generated as much discussion as any call in college football, even though few think it was a bad call. With the high expectations, the big swings in the game (coming back from 17 down and nearly back from 14 down), the dropped pass, the 4th & 8 option TD run, and finally the tipped conversion attempt, it was an exhausting game to watch and crushing to lose. I can't imagine what it must've been like as a player or coach.

1982 Penn St

The NCG against FSU

2010 TAMU

Huge games determined by horrendous officiating.

The first two on this list have to be at the top of everyone's list because they directly cost us NCs. I have heard interviews by the Penn State player claiming he knew he was out of bounds and was shocked when he turned around and the ref claimed he was in bounds. I also heard interviews of the head official for the FSU NC game a year later basically claiming it was a horribly called game and the refs cost us the NC. If I remember correctly, he was saying that steps were being taken so that that never happens again.

The aTm game and the Texas .01 game was proof to me that The Big 12 was NOT going to allow us to leave with a conference championship after we announced we were leaving the conference. Those belong on this list because of (what I believe to be) a conscious effort to keep us from winning certain games. That disgusts me and one of the reasons why I have absolutely no desire to schedule old Big 12 teams in non-con.

That's too bad about your experience, darkhorse. All the Aggies fans I've met have been pretty classy people. They're actually the fans I miss most from the Big XII.

All of the others ones I have met have been nice people. You get bad apples in every fanbase though. I know there are more than and handful of people I see on gamedays here that I wish would remove themselves from our fanbase.