**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

I don't like soccer, as most of you know. I'd rather watch the USA vs Germany from Beerfest.

But, I love the United States, so I'm rocking my red, white, and blue polo and my stars and stripes socks today at the office!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

I thought this was kinda funny:

Nick:

Say the United States were to win the World Cup. Where would we put the trophy?

U.S. Soccer has an office in Chicago and a training facility in California, so they'd probably stick the trophy in a glass case at one of those two places after it made the rounds from bar to bar, with players affectionately rubbing their balls on it. But really, we should fuse the trophy to the top of the Statue of Liberty, to say to the world: THAT'S RIGHT. WE OWN SOCCER NOW. We've co-opted all of your food and all of your music. And now we're taking soccer, the one thing of yours that you never thought we could have or even want. SUCK IT. We shouldn't even give it back for the next Cup (like the Stanley Cup, there's only one trophy, and it gets passed from champ to champ). Just keep it and dare them to come take it.

Say the United States were to win the World Cup. Where would we put the trophy?

I would also fuel the world's ire further by having the trophy sell out and do ads for Wonderful Pistachios, Bud Light Apple-AHHH-Rita, and Dr. Pepper. Really degrade the trophy… smelt it down and fashion into a Lombardi Trophy and etch USA CHAMPIONS OF KICKY FOOTBALL on it.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/why-tim-duncan-will-never-be-loved-like-michael-jordan-1595388824

since it's soccer. My guess it would be placed in a pawn shop somewhere