**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

Every time the World Cup comes around I wonder what the USA could do if we soccer was pretty much the only sport here. Meaning, look at all the other amazing athletes we have in Football, Basketball, Baseball....etc. and then imagine the best of those being all on a soccer team where that was their sport they had played their entire lives.

Imagine if someone like Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton would have played Soccer. What about Bo Jackson or Ozzie Smith or Derek Jeter would have played soccer. Or...I have the feeling most soccer players aren't very tall but what if someone like Michael Jordan played Soccer?

Imagine the college soccer team we could have put together last year with our football players. Ameer, Bell, Turner, Newby, Evens...etc....Maybe Baptist as a keeper.

Every time the World Cup comes around I wonder what the USA could do if we soccer was pretty much the only sport here. Meaning, look at all the other amazing athletes we have in Football, Basketball, Baseball....etc. and then imagine the best of those being all on a soccer team where that was their sport they had played their entire lives.

Imagine if someone like Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton would have played Soccer. What about Bo Jackson or Ozzie Smith or Derek Jeter would have played soccer. Or...I have the feeling most soccer players aren't very tall but what if someone like Michael Jordan played Soccer?

Imagine the college soccer team we could have put together last year with our football players. Ameer, Bell, Turner, Newby, Evens...etc....Maybe Baptist as a keeper.

The '95 Huskers would probably have been the best World Cup team of all time.

Edit: Not probably, definitely.

• Fire 1

Imagine (minus off the field problems) what Phillips would have been like on the soccer field.

Imagine (minus off the field problems) what Phillips would have been like on the soccer field.

He would have totally ran kids over like a madman behind the wheel.....

• Fire 1

I would say just look at the US women's team. They are a dominant force in world soccer. Women have so much fewer options for pro sports, with it basically being basketball, volleyball and soccer.

• Fire 2

18j5goiqim5xrjpg.jpg

All soccer players except Suh: master of floppers

Suh: master of red cards

So uh, who do we want to win tomorrow? I'm thinking Germany since it's unlikely we beat them. Then Ghana couldn't get ahead of us outright if we lose to Portugal. Then Portugal and the USA would have 3 pts each. 'Course, then we'd need Ghana to beat Portugal or for both final games to be ties and hope we have the tiebreaker (goals scored, I'm assuming).

Instead of thinking about this more I'm just gonna hope we beat Portugal.