**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

It was a wonderful pass by Ronaldo, so I would assume we need Ghana and Portugal to tie to guarantee us a spot right? Only thing is that the Ghana Portugal game is on the same time.

Draw vs Portugal

· Advance with win/draw vs Germany

· Advance with loss to Germany AND Ghana/Portugal draw.

· Advance with loss to Germany AND IF U.S. holds tiebreaker over Ghana/Portugal winner.

So we just need to win/draw to advance. So play like today plus a little better we have a great chance.

even if we lose to germany we have a great chance of advancing. not too worried.

It will be tough for Portugal to catch us as they are -4 goal differential and we are +1. Ghana is -1 so they would at least tie us if they win and we lose.

So we just need to win/draw to advance. So play like today plus a little better we have a great chance.

even if we lose to germany we have a great chance of advancing. not too worried.

I'm worried. Unless Ghana-Portugal ends in a draw, one of those teams will have 4 points. Portugal lost big to Germany but if Ghana wins -- and they look tougher than Portugal -- we're in big danger unless we eke out the Goal Differential tiebreaker against them. Ghana could win big, we could lose big...everything's riding on showing up well on Thursday. Gonna be a great game.

I still can't get over today, that was such anguish, then tension, then euphoria, then "ITS REALLY HAPPENING", and then a frickin' sucker punch to the nads.

There was a seriously bad pass (I think it was Jones, towards the general vicinity of Bradley) that led to the score. That's what beast me up about it so much. We were in the last minute, we safely had possession, and completely gave the ball away.

I'm worried. Unless Ghana-Portugal ends in a draw, one of those teams will have 4 points. Portugal lost big to Germany but if Ghana wins -- and they look tougher than Portugal -- we're in big danger unless we eke out the Goal Differential tiebreaker against them. Ghana could win big, we could lose big...everything's riding on showing up well on Thursday. Gonna be a great game.

We can't win the goal differential tie-breaker against Ghana. We can only hope that if we lose it's by one goal and if they win it's by one goal. Then we would be tied in differential and we would win the next tie-breaker which is basically head-to-head result (if I'm reading all that correctly).